Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

Apparently they build the second best quality. Check out Mike in TO's post regarding JD Power's developer rankings for last year here in the Market Wharf thread.

The implication apparently is that we'll get a building nearly as good as a Tridel one.

The J.D. power rankings are a bit more focused on customer satisfaction & after-sales service etc... The quality of the project will be more a result of the contractors hired, attention the detail, architecture and the money invested. Given that this is a fairly high-end project one would expect there to be a fairly significant difference in construction performance and quality than mid-range Daniels projects. Although their after-sales service to purchasers may use the same systems as their other mid-range projects.

panoramic view from the Festival Tower construction site:
2671380154_09e1e98a78_b.jpg

edit: found another one:
2672990060_428d193e85_o.jpg

Nice shot. That will be a great picture in a few years when there will be buildings where all those cranes are (plus Shangri-la and others)

EDIT: Second thought, BAC and Shangri-la would be blocked by 21 Widmer (Daniels) and the Pinnacle building (John/Adelaide).

makes me cringe when you think of how much more of the podium is left to be built
you can't say their not working though based on the amount of workers on site in my first picture

That is painfully slow, and I consider myself patient. I want this baby UP and I want it UP NOW.

As we all know from the renders, the podium is very complex. This is going to be slow right into the fall I'd imagine.

I propose we write a strongly-worded letter.

Dear Sirs,

I am writing you with regards to the recent progress - or lack thereof - on the construction of the Bell Lightbox Festival Tower. Despite having been at work on this project for more than one year, your company has done little more than dig a very large hole and fill it up again.

On behalf of people who look at pictures of construction sites on the Internet, I must tell you that this is simply unacceptable. If progress does not improve in the near future, I am afraid that we will have no choice put to post impatient messages on our web forum. It is my sincere wish that it does not come to that.

Notwithstanding, please be advised that in any event, your finished will be judged harshly against your renderings. It could not possibly look so good. And why isn't the building taller? You totally could have gone to 90+ stories on that site.

I remain,
Sir Novelty Fashion

Dear Sir Novelty Fashion,

We, at this office, are keenly aware of the interest shown in our building by your people. The workers on site have repeatedly reported back concerning the actions of armies of young men in their twenties who like to look at the outside of buildings, who are armed with cameras, who block the sidewalks, and who interrupt construction with their paparazzi-like activities. Hence the delays.

I can assure you that we want to make the building very, very much taller indeed, but the City won't allow it. I suggest your people direct their concerns elsewhere.

Thank you for your interest.

Sincerely,
The Powers That Be.

Podium = custom built = takes a long time.

Really? I thought these things just went up in a day:cool:

Great letters guys. Although one paragraph is missing from Urban Shocker's reply:

With regards to your people's concerns the render looking like the final product, let me assure that all efforts are being made to reconcile fantasy with reality. Some of these efforts including vaccinating employees with Cheapox, the newly approve vaccine to reduce the risk of the contracting the cheapening. Health Canada reports that the cheapening virus has inflicted a lot of the development personnel in this city. We care about the safety of our employees and have taken the necessary precautions. Thank you for understanding.

Ad from today's Globe and Mail.

I'm scratching my head as to why on earth Daniels would use this dull, lifeless and uninspired render. Did Zach do this one? Why wouldn't they use another more dynamic render of his?

6717230.png

Back