Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

I do and don't like it. I find it too busy with too many different elements going on. I think it would have looked better if a few less lines were in it, and a few less different shapes.

Right now "Smart! Centres" are trying to build something with less lines and less different shapes - more big-boxy - on the other side of downtown.

Is the lot behind the building (ie to the north) not an empty parking lot?

It's mostly empty with a small 1 storey building that has supplies for hot dog vendors. I think Daniels owns that lot as well. The building in the rendering does not actually exist (probably just generic filler).

Sorry Khristopher - it's not that at all! I do like the podium though, and I do like to find a funny (to me at least) way to disagree... No offense intended!

I think the podium is absolutely amazing. A perfect spot for it too, at a very prominent intersection. I can't wait to see how this thing changes the area.

It might finally take away some of the focus from the holiday inn... people will just stop noticing it.

Sorry Khristopher - it's not that at all! I do like the podium though, and I do like to find a funny (to me at least) way to disagree... No offense intended!

Okay cool. It was just that that wasn't your only snippy reply to me that day.
I was like 'what the hell?' haha.

I'm a sucker for modern yet simple architecture. Too many lines and colours distracts me. :p

June 19 2008

2593388028_8924501411_b.jpg

Back