Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

How many levels of parking deep do you think it is?

Edit: I don't know if that's English. Sorry.

I was recently down on P7 at RoCP. I'm not sure sure how many lots in this city are that deep, or if any are deeper, but this one looks like it's going down to P6 to me. Hard to judge though...

Murano was planned at 6 levels UG as mandated by the city - but after sales of UG spaces failed to come close to what the planning department mandated, Lanterra was granted a minor variance to reduce parking to five floors.

As far as I know P7 at RoCP is about as deep as anything in Toronto, Trump was planned for P7 or P6 at one point prior to a re-design and movement of some spaces into the podium - underground parking is especially problematic and expensive along the lake - the cost per space at one of the buildings along the Etobicoke waterfront at Humber Bay Shores was astronomical due to water issues- the builder was not even coming close to recouping the costs from selling the spaces and additional costs had to be spread out in the psf across all units in the project (also many suburban projects spread the cost around vs charging per space). It's unfortunate that some of the mandated parking requirements of the city can really take a big chunk out of the affordability for the units themselves - especially if the buyer has no interest in a parking spot.

very nicely painted white and shiny cranes to boot.... unlike the crane they've put up for Glas... I'm actually a little worried by the amount of rust I see on the one there...

pic of the 2nd crane being installed, posted by current over at SSC...

2060720455_98104d6562_b.jpg

Murano was planned at 6 levels UG as mandated by the city - but after sales of UG spaces failed to come close to what the planning department mandated, Lanterra was granted a minor variance to reduce parking to five floors.

As far as I know P7 at RoCP is about as deep as anything in Toronto, Trump was planned for P7 or P6 at one point prior to a re-design and movement of some spaces into the podium - underground parking is especially problematic and expensive along the lake - the cost per space at one of the buildings along the Etobicoke waterfront at Humber Bay Shores was astronomical due to water issues- the builder was not even coming close to recouping the costs from selling the spaces and additional costs had to be spread out in the psf across all units in the project (also many suburban projects spread the cost around vs charging per space). It's unfortunate that some of the mandated parking requirements of the city can really take a big chunk out of the affordability for the units themselves - especially if the buyer has no interest in a parking spot.

About 3 years ago The Star did a story on ROCP titled "The Big Dig" and I recall it made reference to how deep the parking levels were there.

Those cranes look super-impressive from the street, hopefully I'll get the chance to take some photos in the area soon.

I am so excited for this project it's a little sick, actually. Solid KPMB architecture, fantastic cultural facility, great neighbourhood, and busting one of the worst parking lots in town for good measure. What more could we ask for?

we could also ask that all those parking lots behind Lightbox be developed as well. Just sayin'.

Back