Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

That busy, busy promo reminds me of CityTV back in the '70's, when they first came up with the bright idea of having their bingo-callers march briskly across the studio, script in hand, telling us ... "this just in" ... someone's cat is stuck up a tree ...

That informercial was cheezy as hell (almost as bad as the building itself) but I gotta say I really like One King West...

Stinson Speed Stick or not its an example of toronto pushing for that little bit more...

I liked the building a lot except the blue sphere which was an eyesore. Can anyone chop of the sphere and show us how would it look plain?
thx

Chicago White Sox would be even closer, with Chicago and Toronto each having three syllables and rhyming, and White and Light also rhyming (in addition to box and sox rhyming).

Bill

This is one of the most exciting condo projects in the city for me right now. It's going to add a lot to the street with a new cultural facility, it replaces an unpleasant empty lot, and it's pretty attractive too. A definite win all around.

I agree, but to me it's the festival centre that will be the big attraction.

courtesy of current on SSC

1849282856_a0a1218262_b.jpg

That's one tidy construction site. Probably helps that the architects are in the building overlooking the site

Really - That's cleaner than my apartment!!! I haven't been out that way in some time, didn't realize they were this far along.

cool!!

The hole is ridiculously deep- walked past it last night and noticed that quite a bit of progress had been made. I wonder if part of the reason they went so deep was for the archives??

p5

The hole is ridiculously deep- walked past it last night and noticed that quite a bit of progress had been made. I wonder if part of the reason they went so deep was for the archives??

p5

I think it's so deep because they need parking space for both the tower residents and hundreds of visitors at the Bell Lightbox.

p5

The archives will be housed in the podium as far as I know.

Back