Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

The city block will be named Reitman Square, so will have no real effect on the naming of the building. The city block is Reitman Square, the condo tower is Festival Tower, the TIFF component is the Bell Lightbox, and the Lobby is the Myrna Lobby. It all makes sense to me.

How much space does this "city block" take up? Does that include the parking lots behind the building??

The city block will be named Reitman Square, so will have no real effect on the naming of the building. The city block is Reitman Square, the condo tower is Festival Tower, the TIFF component is the Bell Lightbox, and the Lobby is the Myrna Lobby. It all makes sense to me.

How much space does this "city block" take up? Does that include the parking lots behind the building??

Oh dear, by the time this building is done, it needs a directory on its own. The chairs are "Ikea Bottomforters", the elevators are "UPS Lifts", and the washrooms are "Pottery Barn Potties"...

I believe so. I think it'll be much like "Mirvish Village" and will just be treated as a sub-name for the four streets that surround the site.

I walked past here a few days ago and it looks about the same. Maybe a couple levels higher on the west side. Nothing picture worthy.

February 27

Looking west from the corner of King and John, construction is reaching ground level at the east side of the site.
2298808692_d5c7136128_b.jpg

Looking north from King and John.
2298808698_c51ce6b99f_b.jpg

February 25 from Widmer St looking southeast with RBC visible on the left.
2291632213_ee1ce4f86e_b.jpg

2291632219_31fc00385e_b.jpg

Looking east.
2291632225_29dcab2b26_b.jpg

Thanks for the pics, current.

That was one massive hole to fill. Hopefully the speed on putting up this building this will not decrease - and only increase - once they reach the surface.

...uh, ok, not the most brilliant comment.

For more discussion of the parking lots, see http://www.urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=8293

Thanks for the pics, I can't wait to see this get above grade. It'll be really fun to watch this one go up because it'll be neat to see how many different views are changed by it.

March 6

Southeast corner of King and John looking west. They have reached ground level.
2319460313_ffb3d0645b_b.jpg

Southeast corner of King and John looking north.
2319460325_4569d09bec_b.jpg

Southwest corner King and Widmer.
2320290130_721c5eaf15_b.jpg

Looking east.
2320290136_57b9eb8dcf_b.jpg

Back