Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

28 Jan 2010:

dsc00204t.jpg

They have started to install the glass in the gaps within the black panelling. Unfortunately it looks as if the scaffolding has damaged that portion of the cladding in the process.

Great pics today, steveve, thanks for all the updates! :)

Great pics today, steveve, thanks for all the updates! :)

No problem :D

The balcony glass on Festival is making me like this one more! it gives me something to look forward to (cause i hate the look of the unfinished balconies at the moment) :D

Wow-- now THAT's some stunning balcony glass! It's completely changing the look of the tower from typical residential to "something more", as the Film Festival deserves.

Sharp!

Agreed. I've been waiting patiently for the balcony glass to start showing up. It looks great, judging by Steveve's pic! Looking forward to seeing the balcony glass go up on the smaller balconies on the south-east side.

Yeah, the whitish looking balcony glass looks very nice. I walked by last week and noticed it. It just changes the overall feel of the building something a little different with regards to balcony glass/cladding......

My feelings are right, I think this is one of the best tower condos built in this city. The balcony glass just makes "this box" pure class. And I'll be glad to have it there front and centre at the film festival this year, next year and thereafter. Steveve boy, you're growing up fast here.. taking some really good shots of a really outstanding building.

When more of the balcony glass is added to the other side and further up, this building will be super hotonfyr!!!!!

Most dramatic change in a building due to balcony glass of all time?? It even makes it appear more like a "Lightbox".

What a great example of why WAITING before judging a building and writing it off as garbage before it is complete, is often wise.

Patience is a virtue...lets all practice this next time..(I include myself as well...practice michael practice patience!)

Good to see the balcony glass moving up. Clean design. The tower is turning out a bit slimmer than the rendering suggested which is a nice surprise. Nice addition to the formerly bleak area. Can't wait until John gets its makeover and the two parking lots to the north get filled too. :D

What a great example of why WAITING before judging a building and writing it off as garbage before it is complete, is often wise.

Patience is a virtue...lets all practice this next time..(I include myself as well...practice michael practice patience!)

Your so right, many of us have done it. I don't think anyone wrote the Festival Tower off as garbage, but as a medicore accomplishement prior to the balcony glass installation. I think there's been a sense of disappointment too given how the exterior of TIFF has transpired below - at least to me.

All this new-found high praise for TIFF is going to go to Caltrane74's head. I'm not sure, but judging by all of his posts in this thread and over at SSP, I think he either designed this building or he owns it. Either way, he has been championing TIFF for months.

I myself, will go on the "Nay" side of the new balcony glass. Just a personal preference, but I don't like the grey-ish cast it gives the building. It's starting to remind me of something Bell Canada would have constructed in the suburbs in the 70s/80s. Something around Scarborough Town Centre. You know that 70's attempt to look all futuristic.

I know I am going against what mckarsima just said a while back and I am jumping to conclusions but I am just sayin'

Back