Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

Hi all. First of all, I must say I do like the new Urban Toronto!
Anyway, has anybody else thought that King St. could use some improvements around here? For the film festival I would like some more restaurants, etc. but more importantly, I think that there should be more trees, streetscape elements, etc. Maybe even treed medians (if that is possible on King). I tihnk that this would really improve the atmosphere of the film festival and make the block party much nicer.

Yes, probably true of most major streets in Toronto. Bloor is looking up and hopefully it'll set a standard. King West could definitely stand improvements, along with Dundas West by the AGO and John Street in the entertainment district. As for restaurants and services etc. new developments like Light Box can only help encourage more.

Jan 22

4296358283_704345c91b_b.jpg

4296359857_d17d673dff_b.jpg

4297107096_abbb5d3460_b.jpg

4297107924_8f518e68e0_b.jpg

4296363871_216377cc9d_b.jpg

4296368119_2bcf1cd77f_b.jpg

4297128696_610c7de1e0_b.jpg

Great photos! This one must be close to topping out. I can't count the floors very well from the photos, but it looks almost done. I can't wait to see more balcony glass go up.

to me this building has never really looked as tall as it is... Maybe its because of the podium or because its dimensions....

How tall is it now?... 100m?

with 6-7 stories to go, it should add quite a bit more height plus the mechanical box to bring it to its full height!

Great shots wylie!

Thank you for all your sweet shots digitalis!!!

You have a SWEET view!

Casa looks great from this angle (not to mention festival)

what a sea of buildings/skyscrapers!!!!

That i have to say is one of the coolest skyline density shots i've seen of downtown toronto -steveve

Last edited:
Street improvements

Yes, probably true of most major streets in Toronto. Bloor is looking up and hopefully it'll set a standard. King West could definitely stand improvements, along with Dundas West by the AGO and John Street in the entertainment district. As for restaurants and services etc. new developments like Light Box can only help encourage more.

The Dundas St. West by the AGO ( along with the surrounded area) should stand , in my opinion , first in the line up for major street improvements.

Back