Toronto Fashion House | ?m | 12s | Freed | Core Architects

Won't the red curtains look very muted through that greenish glass? Will people even notice it? Why would they not use a clear glass, to allow the red to really pop?

Funny thing: virtually all the renderings floating around still show the originally proposed 14 floor version of Fashion House. The building was subsequently reduced to twelve. Some time ago, I saw an image of the 12 floor version (what is being built), and it didn't include the red blinds. Merely a rendering omission? Maybe. Removal of the blinds? It might be possible.

I recall that as well, but then I believe someone credible confirmed that the red blinds are still planned. Not sure if anyone here can confirm/deny.

attachment.php

Great new pics, guys. At street level one doesn't realize the mass of the project...which is one of the reasons why I like it so much, with the all the steps and setbacks.

I'm happy that the lipstick-red window coverings are confirmed. That's key. I imagine that it must be written into the condo declaration that unit owners must not change them out. The building wouldn't be as sexy without them!

p.s. I was told at the sales centre that The Keg would be taking up the ground floor of the Silverplate building...and it would have one of the largest patios in TO. So fingers crossed we will be eating steak here one summer :cool:

Great new pics, guys. At street level one doesn't realize the mass of the project...which is one of the reasons why I like it so much, with the all the steps and setbacks.

I'm happy that the lipstick-red window coverings are confirmed. That's key. I imagine that it must be written into the condo declaration that unit owners must not change them out. The building wouldn't be as sexy without them!

p.s. I was told at the sales centre that The Keg would be taking up the ground floor of the Silverplate building...and it would have one of the largest patios in TO. So fingers crossed we will be eating steak here one summer :cool:

Hmmmm...Mr.TOCondoGarden, if my memory serves me well, I think this is the second time on this thread you have mentioned your fondness for steak, and in particular, that from the Keg Steakhouse - is there an undiagnosed addiction we should be concerned about?:cool:

The cladding (especially on the lower levels) is top notch! Is it curtain wall? Or maybe that SOTA hybrid being used at Delta, perhaps?

Hmmmm...Mr.TOCondoGarden, if my memory serves me well, I think this is the second time on this thread you have mentioned your fondness for steak, and in particular, that from the Keg Steakhouse - is there an undiagnosed addiction we should be concerned about?:cool:

Haha, yes! The Keg would just be a bonus here. I get excited about projects that incorporate heritage structures well, like Fashion House is doing with the Silverplate.

When did the design of the first setback units change? The columns were never shown being on the outside of the cladding in any renderings. I hope they plan on bringing the cladding back to the outer wall to maintain the original "stacked boxes" look.

You can already see the start of cladding on the next "box". It's the same curtain wall-like glass as on the bottom floors and extends right out to the outer wall, which should maintain the "stacked box" effect fairly well.

Haha, yes! The Keg would just be a bonus here. I get excited about projects that incorporate heritage structures well, like Fashion House is doing with the Silverplate.

I think this will be a nice addition to the area, and housing it within the Silverplate building would be a nice touch.

Back