Toronto Fashion House | ?m | 12s | Freed | Core Architects

instead of red curtains I think a rippled textured spandrel panel would've been more effective--perhaps in zinc or maybe even translucent red glass?

Interesting concept. I like the red curtains, but I think your ideas has a permanent aspect to it that I would be interested to see. Hmmm new photoshop project maybe?

The tower crane for the main building (facing King Street) is now gone - taken down yesterday.

Motors would break down easily (winter, rain etc) and be a maintenance nightmare. Perhaps plain old-fashioned hand-powered sliding shutters--either inside or outside. I've seen some cool Euro midrises with this feature.

There's no reason a quality system would have motors that would break down.

Sliding shutters inside would serve little environmental purpose- if it's not on the outside of the glazing, it won't be very effective.

Adelaide street was closed yesterday morning while they dismantled (I guess the other) construction crane. Was fun to watch. Didn't have my camera at the time.

Pic taken June 19, 2013

q4h75f8.jpg

Did anybody notice there is a Dollarrama store, going in just a block west of this building? (across from the Thompson condo) Isn't King West a strange place for a Dollarama? lol

Last edited:
Such a cool looking building. Really interesting massing and it manages to be pretty huge without seeming to overpower King Street. Thanks for the update UD

Back