Toronto Fashion House | ?m | 12s | Freed | Core Architects

Wow, great design, I really hope they keep that red in the glass instead of do what they did to M5V..
If this turns out like the render, a great addition to the city indeed..

I believe they're red curtains. All the color you see on the glass are curtains.

This project is going to take forever. I have a friend who bought here years ago and they probably have another 3+ years to wait. Jeez

The images posted are a little out of date. The height of Fashion House is to be twelve floors, not the fourteen shown. One floor has been removed from the "podium" and one from the higher setback portion of the structure.

Also, the building will not be projecting out to the sidewalk as illustrated. The setback has been increased in order to "highlight" the Silver Plate building. According to a friend of mine who lives in 10 Morrison (north of the site), the entire wing of Fashion House was shoved closer to that building - which didn't make residents there particularly happy.

You can forget about having the rendering from the marketing guys seeing any reality. Those "red curtains" were supposed to be included in the suites in a combo of lighting and curtains but all of that has disappeared. No lighting, no curtains, so homeowners will just do what they want as usual.
S'Bus

Here:

FashionHouseNewCrop.jpg

You can forget about having the rendering from the marketing guys seeing any reality. Those "red curtains" were supposed to be included in the suites in a combo of lighting and curtains but all of that has disappeared. No lighting, no curtains, so homeowners will just do what they want as usual.
S'Bus

I thought I remembered reading earlier in this thread that there would probably be a requirement planted in the condo regulations for certain units to have red curtains facing outside.

Of course, once established, the resident condo board can vote to amend or remove that requirement, but as far as I can tell, up until the new rendering, doubt surrounding the inclusion of red drapes was introduced recently by people speculating that occupants won't want red curtains.

How about we just build condos that don't rely almost solely on the interior of someone's condo to provide the visual interest.

I thought I remembered reading earlier in this thread that there would probably be a requirement planted in the condo regulations for certain units to have red curtains facing outside.

Of course, once established, the resident condo board can vote to amend or remove that requirement, but as far as I can tell, up until the new rendering, doubt surrounding the inclusion of red drapes was introduced recently by people speculating that occupants won't want red curtains.

At least some of the glass should have been red. Once you remove all colour, it just loses some of its flair.

Back