Toronto Fashion District Lofts | ?m | 10s | Freed | Core Architects

Pre-cast panels in anticipation of neighbouring developments...

... as far as I know the May commencement is still on track (my date is early September).

A follow-up from one my earlier posts ... they've filled in the gaps between the pre-cast panels, looks quite a bit better. The colour is still patchy, but not as noticeable. There are still some cracks and holes in the panels on the west side of the building, but maybe they'll be dealt with in due course.

I almost bought at 455 Adelaide. The one thing that made me rescind my purchase agreement was that there is a 10 storey development approved by the committe of adjustment for the site I would describe as the existing townhomes/businesses 'inside of the L shape' of 455 Adelaide. i.e. between 455 Adelaide and Morrison St.

I've seen a couple of posts about the South facing units losing their view... well the same is true for the North and East facing units with the exception of a few that front right onto Adelaide St or Morrison St.

The good news? Don't fret about the appearance of the preformed concrete panels because the'll soon be covered up by the neighbouring developments.

There is not any 10 storey development approved for this site. if so, what is the name of the project and who is the developer? since the project is already approved as you said I suppose you have all this information

I don't know what kind of views you were expecting to have in the first place. All of the buildings in this neighbourhood are around 4-12 stories. Nice and intimate.

That's true, buyers in the King West area are not looking for views, they are looking for nice and intimate places, most of the buyers at 455 Adelaide are going to live there, it is going to be a owner occupied building, no investors, no tenants.
What views can expect for example buyers at 550 Wellington facing Stewart? nothing, but they do not care about that, they care about how nice and great will be the building and the unit itself.

I almost bought at 455 Adelaide. The one thing that made me rescind my purchase agreement was that there is a 10 storey development approved by the committe of adjustment for the site I would describe as the existing townhomes/businesses 'inside of the L shape' of 455 Adelaide. i.e. between 455 Adelaide and Morrison St.

I wasn't aware of any proposals or C of A approval for the site you're referring to, if there are any links you could post with the information I'd be interested to have a look at it.

Wait... 455 Adelaide had trouble getting it's 10th story, "Mode" down the street was canned because 10 stories wasn't approved right on Adelaide (straight up), and now the townhouse site here has approval to build 10 stories? Doubtful... I don't think there is room here for a 10 story building - incorporating setbacks (?!).

The townhouses running up beside 455 Adelaide are to be seven stories.

Note: that's what I've heard from a friend who was at the meeting concerning Fashionhouse.

May 16

2498780752_5e3de4cef6_b.jpg

2497955765_00f160a4bc_b.jpg

Did a bit of digging this week and it turns out the above comment is correct, the C of A did approve (with a couple of conditions) redevelopment of the site back in late 2005.

I spoke with the planner for the district as well, he said there aren't any current redevelopment proposals on file for the site.

The townhouses running up beside 455 Adelaide are to be seven stories. Note: that's what I've heard from a friend who was at the meeting concerning Fashionhouse.

I attended the Fashion House meeting as well, but don't recall mention of the townhouse site on Adelaide (maybe it was mentioned aside from the main presentation?). It's possible that the 2005 approval was revisited in light of the fact that the 455 Adelaide redevelopment proceeded first.

It seems the earlier comment about the pre-cast panels will eventually turn out to be true, the vast majority of it could end up entirely hidden as the block develops.

May 23

(a different angle...)

2519164958_8e9038e3a4_b.jpg

I think this is a cute, fun, appropriate, and inoffensive building. love it when they build 'em like this.

I posted an article here regarding Fashionhouse and it was deleted, the reason why I posted it here was because they were talking about how Freed will try to preserve some of the south views of 455 Adelaide. From my understanding they will allow 40 foot, almost 12 mts between the two buildings, "It will read like a building across the street."

Back