Toronto Fashion District Lofts | ?m | 10s | Freed | Core Architects

Thanks for that cabeman; very interesting information.

Any time I walk by that area it is quite clear that there are still many potential sites for later development in that general area. Morrison itself will probably lose the small warehouses that are just east of the 455 site. There are also a couple of run down houses along Portland which will probably disappear, too. I had just assumed that those things would go first. The developments outlined above have been totally under the radar.

SE Corner

Hi,

I have a unit on the SE Corner.
Does anyone know if the new proposed building will be located directly south where the gas station is or just to the west of the gas station??

Cheers

the 13 storey proposal is to the west while the 11 storey proposal replaces the station

455 adelaide

Thanks Maestro!

Do yo uknow where I can find out more details in these 2 proposed projects?

Thanks again

would need to talk to the planner for anything more than the information provided in the two links in this thread

Any time I walk by that area it is quite clear that there are still many potential sites for later development in that general area. Morrison itself will probably lose the small warehouses that are just east of the 455 site. There are also a couple of run down houses along Portland which will probably disappear, too. I had just assumed that those things would go first. The developments outlined above have been totally under the radar.

I think sites on King (478,560,570,650) are likely being redeveloped first because of their (relatively) large size and the fact that they're under single ownership. The buildings on the east side of Morrison are (relatively) small individual sites divided by a public lane way (a land assembly could make redevelopment more viable, but might be difficult to achieve). You're right though, both Morrison and Portland do seem to be likely candidates for redevelopment at some point, but developers might be inclined to focus on the larger single ownership sites in the area first. At least that's my hope ... my unit at 455 Adelaide faces east.

.. some recent photos (September to December)

DSCN9973.jpg

DSCN0454_resize.jpg

DSCN0451_resize.jpg

DSCN0450_resize.jpg

455AdelaideW83.jpg

455AdelaideW85_resize.jpg

455AdelaideW86_resize.jpg

Any unpdate on this project? it's scheduled for March 2008 but it does not look like it is going to be done in 6 months.

The cladding has started going up and looks quite attactive. Large expanses of glass should make this condo look very modern. Hopefully someone can post updated pictures soon.

Any unpdate on this project? it's scheduled for March 2008 but it does not look like it is going to be done in 6 months.

Received a letter from the developer a couple of weeks ago confirming early September as my occupancy date (8th floor).

My understanding from other owners (Facebook group) is that occupancy on the lower floors will commence in July.

Back