Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

These two really will act as the archway's to NYCC, they'll make a profound impact driving north along Yonge with an in-your-face effect,
Today:

10583231356_f3c089d2c0_c.jpg

I always thought the two buildings were facing Youge st until it started to go up. At first I didn't get why they would have preferred that arrangement, but now it makes sense. They'll be an interesting gateway into NYCC.

Seems first two floors (retail) will have clear glass. North west corner near their proposed food court.

IMG_3976.jpg

IMG_3980.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3976.jpg
    IMG_3976.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,132
  • IMG_3980.jpg
    IMG_3980.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,108
Walking by this building often.. the green glass really makes this building look cheap & outdated.

I agree and am surprised by the very postive comments this project has recieved.

I understand the "gateway" aspect and maybe at night it will be visually stunning but during the day it looks tacky. Hullmark across the road is very impressive.

The context shots above (first one, and third from the end) indicate to me that the combination of shades of the windows, spandrels, and mullions, do a reasonable job of emerald-ness, at least as one would expect it to be in the overcast lighting conditions. (And the mullions aren't even green.) Up close it's less convincing at this point, but it won't be until people have moved in and the curtains etc. are going in before we have a full revelation of the success of the choices, one way or the other.

Looking forward to seeing how the stepping out slab edge will look, West tower should start stepping out on the next floor i believe (starting 26 through 32) and the East tower a little after (35th-41st)

Back