Toronto Emerald City Phases 1 to 3 including Dream Tower | ?m | 36s | Almadev | WZMH

They are using yellowish brick to match the rental up the street. I noticed that too. How do you think it will look like? I wasn't expecting that. :|

Ok fine if they use the yellowish brick to match the surrounding building, but why on earth they use the same exact small bricks that are being used on the new rental buildings? Why don't they use the bigger surface blocks/bricks? You know what I am talking about? It looks much nicer with bigger blocks.

Absolutely hate the layout of this project, so damn car centric, but wow I'm really liking the cladding. It's a bit on an odd marriage between the glossy spandrel and the yellow brick but I find it quite interesting thus far. Looks better than advertised.

And for all of those who don't like it, the brick is only on the first couple of floors according to the renderings.

21 October 2012: Dream Tower, eh? Lolz.

20121021142153.jpg

20121021142232.jpg

This is junk, absolute nightmarish.

20121021142733.jpg

Last edited:
Air rights over over the subway station would have been nice.

It looks to be that there are air rights above the subway entrance. The tower is not hovering over the station, but rather is set back from it.

newbuyer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_rights - "Air rights are a type of development right in real estate, referring to the empty space above a property. Generally speaking, owning or renting land or a building gives one the right to use and develop the air rights."

Taken yesterday...
EMERALD-CITY-22-11-2012-2.jpg

The subway station looks incredibly stupid boxed in like that. Anyone know the reason why there wasn't just an incorporated entrance with an uninterrupted street-wall for this project? Stubbornness of the TTC?

The subway station looks incredibly stupid boxed in like that. Anyone know the reason why there wasn't just an incorporated entrance with an uninterrupted street-wall for this project? Stubbornness of the TTC?

I am still really disappointed that they are going with the yellow bricks! WTH they are thinking? Why I am the only one that upset about this?

I am worried that the yellow brick style will bring down the value or classiness of the condo in general :(

Podium is just about done on the Westerly tower - tower portion should start rising soon. Southern tower is just above ground level now.

EMERALD-CITY-16-12-2012.jpg

EMERALD-CITY-16-12-2012-2.jpg

EMERALD-CITY-16-12-2012-3.jpg

Last edited:
Happy New Year Folks. Looks like the condo is really starting to take shape. Do you guys think there is any chance they will finish by summer? I think that was the last date they provided.

Happy New Year Folks. Looks like the condo is really starting to take shape. Do you guys think there is any chance they will finish by summer? I think that was the last date they provided.

Are you are kidding??? Which phase??

They will be lucky to have tower 1 ready, let alone 2 and 3 from what I saw in Nov. A few of the townhouse maybe ready by fall.

As for the TTC entrance, I agree that was a huge mistake not building it into rest of the project. Maybe the air rights was too much or TTC doing their thing. Anyway its looks dumb.

I believe there 7 retail units on Sheppard that could start going on line late fall or early 2014 and haven't had the time to fix the photos or look them up to see what the numbers were when I saw it.

As a side note, Phase 4 to the east will be ready this summer for move in.

There are more shots from Nov 8 up on the site now.

As you can see from these photos, tower 2 was getting close to see it going up from the townhouses.

Tower 3 was even close to starting as the townhouses for that area had yet to be started to see construction.

I guess TTC wanted air right fees to have something built over the south entrance and a huge mistake if they did as it kill the street edge look by doing so.
8466074842_a5e476abb6_b.jpg

8466075836_586d7eeecb_b.jpg

8464959749_06712d27a2_b.jpg

8464917213_eefb84aa08_b.jpg

8464918113_af38e528d1_b.jpg

8464923133_3f71a60f1b_b.jpg

8464925103_c40e8eb7cb_b.jpg

Back