Toronto Eight Cumberland | 170m | 51s | Great Gulf | a—A

Cresford will build faster. Dan must get his stuff up as quickly as possible to get the returns they need. When I went by on the weekend, all was quiet here (almost unheard of on a construction site), whereas there were 10-15 people next door.

yeah I agree! 8 Cumberland's site mostly looks deserted in the pics, never seen more than 4-5 people on the site and sometime there are none. whereas 33 Yorkville is busy and there is always a lot of action going on.

So I just noticed that this building is supposed to be clad partly with perforated metal screens. This should prove interesting.

Today.
6B7FAC7A-6747-43A3-B198-FA417CFE43D7.jpeg
8A8F324A-782C-4DC6-96CA-1620601D42AF.jpeg

Yes - it's hard to predict what could happen, not just noise but how they might obstruct views.
aA designed this one, and they successfully deployed perforated metal on Harbour Plaza. That building does not scream in the wind, as aA tested the resonant frequencies of perforated scenes with holes of different sizes before settling on one that in 99% of wind conditions is quiet. The lessons they learned at Harbour Plaza would not have been forgotten when designing this place.

aA designed this one, and they successfully deployed perforated metal on Harbour Plaza. That building does not scream in the wind, as aA tested the resonant frequencies of perforated scenes with holes of different sizes before settling on one that in 99% of wind conditions is quiet. The lessons they learned at Harbour Plaza would not have been forgotten when designing this place.

Also, from the renderings, it looks like the metal sheets here are only placed snug right against the building, and the balconies use glass - so where they are on the building, there isn't much room for wind go back and forth through them.

Back