Toronto Eau du Soleil Condos | 227.98m | 66s | Empire | Richmond Architects

And here we are...

EauDuSoleilRender.jpg

Glad to read that this is just a concept rendering at this point. To me, this is a huge let-down compared with the massing studies by MJMA from a year or two ago. Those were elegant. These are more Miami, more Dubai, eg. too much flash, too little art.

64 and 42 storeys at the lower side of the peaks, to be specific.

This is just a concept rendering at this point, prepared for the planning approvals process. This is not a marketing rendering, and things are likely to change before it's ready for sales.

No word on height yet.

Well 64 Floors should get it over 200 meters.

Unless the floor-to-floor height is unusually short, this building should be comfortably over 200m in height as rendered. I would expect around 210m myself.

Awesome for Etobicoke! Mississauga has the Marilyn towers and Etobicoke can now look forward to these two beauties!

My wish is to see something like this or the Marilyn towers in that huge parcel of land between Yonge & Bay Streets south of Wellesley (east of the The Bay Club rental towers). That is one sweet spot for the downtown to get something similar to these towers! :)

Glad to read that this is just a concept rendering at this point. To me, this is a huge let-down compared with the massing studies by MJMA from a year or two ago. Those were elegant. These are more Miami, more Dubai, eg. too much flash, too little art.

Agreed. They've also jettisoned the village concept of a few buildings fronting on an internal street network - something which I really liked - for the classic (read: dated) 'big city' podium. I still think I could forgive all of that if they hadn't tried to adapt Gibson Square's terrible roofs. The true queens of this strip continue to be the Palace Sisters (Place and Pier, I believe) and aA's Grenadier Landing.

What's with the windswept plazas out front? I would have thought that the architects would use the curve in the road to their advantage. This appears to be dreadful at ground level.

The curve is TRCA property. Last year they agreed to sell a small portion of it to Empire, I assume this is the plaza with the fountains. I love fountains, so naturally I'm excited that there seems to be an effort at incorporating it with the design.

I just read the development board in front of Beach Motel. 1,312 parking spaces underground... Phew.. That's a lot.. Possibly some going to Green P.

I like the fountains too.....nice to get away from the podium mantra, even if just a little....

This truly is a beast of a development.. Etobicoke has clearly won the suburban skyscraper wars (height wise).

The only qualm I have with this is the way it meets the ground. Don't get me wrong.. I LOVE the cruise ship inspired podium, it's just the ground level itself I'm worried about. This should be retail-heavy like Westlake.

While the stretch along Lakeshore should be retail and a couple restaurants/cafes on the south side are in order, I don't see why Marine Parade needs to be "retail heavy". Lakeshore/Parklawn is a short stroll away. There's lots of pleasant things to do on the park side of Marine Parade, ride a bike, go for a jog or stroll, throw rocks in the lake with the kids, watch fireworks when they're on. It is a great spot even with the customary minimum of City park maintenance, ongoing construction and unsightly condo hats. It is a busy enough stretch and will be even busier with all these developments, there isn't really a demand for retail.

This is probably the DUMBEST thing I have ever read on here...... GOD ...sometimes I cant take it, sorry BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TOO MIAMI??? Too DUBAI????
Too much FLASH Not enough ART???? (That makes no sense)

Just absolute stupidity, you must enjoy the whining drivel you expel...... If it were just a box, you would all be hanging yourself.....
That LOOKS awesome!!!
What is it with you people???
... Ya dont want exotic??? (which this is barely!!! )
Everything out of the ordinary you rip..... Good thing your just a lil kitty kat!!:rolleyes:
I think this looks fantastic, especially out there in Etobicoke~~~ Good for them~~

To all those who say that the quality of discourse hasn't been degraded over the years, the above post makes Vultur look like a poet.

jets, we get it... you like everything. Your unwavering boosterism and intolerance towards critical opinions is tiring.

Back