Toronto Eau du Soleil Condos | 227.98m | 66s | Empire | Richmond Architects

Infrastructure improvements in the area?

Park Lawn is a parking lot from the GO tracks to Lake Shore; that's without the thousands of new residents that will pile up in South Beach, Key West, 42 Park Lawn and Westlake (not to mention all the stuff coming online on Marine Parade).

Councillor Grimes just loves taking our development money to spend in Alderwood/Long Branch where he's from!

just to clarify AG's post....and with numbers from Interchange 42's post on the 90 Harbour thread....

90 Harbour = 1426 units spread out over 140 storeys....= about 10 per floor ....therefore...

Eau du Soleil = 1178 units at about 10 per floor equals about 110 storeys? could be 2 55S towers, but the 2 towers are not supposed to be equal height..

Makes sense. A past post indicated that it would be a complex of 45s and 65s.

But then again Eau du Soleil is not beside Ocean Club. It's beside what has been renamed Jade Waterfront. (see post #60 on page 4 of this thread)

We don't know the site plan for Eau yet, so it's too early to declare that there won't be many lakeview units down here, on the lake.

Can you update that plan for us?

To clarify: I was just guessing based on the fact the website jumps to another page (could be a problem with my browser) after the registration page and the fact info is coming to the city re: unit count, I expect the height to come next. So it could actually be another 3-4+ weeks before it launches, although November is better than December for launches.

To clarify: I was just guessing based on the fact the website jumps to another page (could be a problem with my browser) after the registration page and the fact info is coming to the city re: unit count, I expect the height to come next. So it could actually be another 3-4+ weeks before it launches, although November is better than December for launches.

Everything looks the usual on my end. Guess this isn't going to show any renderings today.

Application Number 11 301234 WET 06 OZ Application Status Application Submitted
Planner Name
Phone Number McCart, Michael
(416) 394-8228 Status Date Nov 4, 2011
Community Meeting Date --- Date Received Oct 28, 2011
Statutory Meeting Date --- Proposed Non-Residential GFA (sq m) 1,633

Proposed Residential GFA (sq m) 87,346

Lot Size (sq m) 15,149

Proposed Residential Units 1,178

Proposed Storeys 0

We have the residential square footage (over 900k) but still no height... Sigh.. What is taking so long? This project was 'announced' on August 27th, I don't remember ever waiting this long to have a bit more info on a project.

Lots of projects take quite a while to go through the process Filip, and there are lots of reasons as to why one has to wait for more answers from time to time! This one just seems to be taking longer since it is so highly anticipated. Empire has done a good job of keeping us guessing on this one, and we are as eager at UT HQs to learn the plans about Eau du Soleil as everyone else is!

Lots of projects take quite a while to go through the process Filip, and there are lots of reasons as to why one has to wait for more answers from time to time! This one just seems to be taking longer since it is so highly anticipated. Empire has done a good job of keeping us guessing on this one, and we are as eager at UT HQs to learn the plans about Eau du Soleil as everyone else is!

That's exactly it!:D Empire is raising the hype of the building by withholding any renderings/stats. They're not going to be able to live up to it, unless the building is a true stunner, but somehow I doubt it.

I did just that at today's Mimico 20/20 community meeting. When I mentioned 70 stories, people were horrified and Mark Grimes started yelling I was a liar! I really dislike that man.. Anyway, height is 62 for the tall one.. Didn't get a proper understanding on the second one.

Here's the view from Beyond the Sea of the Eau du Soleil site. Shots were taken by me on 2011.11.25.

IMG_3629.jpg

The property is the one with the closed motel with the yellow sign, running down to the lake.

IMG_3628.jpg

It was nice running into you at the Mimico 20/20 consultation.

You should have stayed for the question period. Lots of interesting points about the private ownership of the apartment buildings were brought up. I don't think anyone can expect those slumlords to be productive partners in any revitalization efforts.

Remember, they were the ones who refused to sell the riparian land necessary for the park to extend to Grand Harbour. Grimes couldn't even get a hold of some of them! If anything, the city/province and whoever is a stakeholder in this will need to look at expropriation.

I saw a fair bit of the Q&A, but yes, I'm sorry I couldn't stay 'til the end though. Cheers!

*ALERT*

There is a development board on-site with a rendering. I vaguely saw something while the bus zoomed by, but unless my eyes were deceiving me, there is something MASSIVE going up different than the vague rendering I saw about a month ago.

If anyone is in the area before 5:30pm, please take a picture and upload it, if not, I'll do it on my way home.

Back