News   Apr 26, 2024
 2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 429     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Toronto Eaton Centre

Blue Marine & Co (next to the Lenscrafters) has closed but there is still the other one a level down that is still open

Ted Baker London on Level 3 has suddenly closed again. The windows are all covered up like before, saying that they are undergoing some renovations. They just had a Grand Re-opening party on December 11th. Is there something wrong with their space?

Well, you could say that was a brief, brief, brief period of being open...

Ted Baker London on Level 3 has suddenly closed again. The windows are all covered up like before, saying that they are undergoing some renovations. They just had a Grand Re-opening party on December 11th. Is there something wrong with their space?

A rather unfortunate location that once again was subject to flooding.

Lululemon’s new space is under construction. Big improvement on location and size.

7A9F8C3A-6E03-41C3-881F-8BF23922B5AC.jpeg

The new Abercrombie is now in the framing stage. They gotta finish the whole thing in the next 2 months if Apple is going to occupy the current Abercrombie location and finish their own construction before the holiday season. Apple Stores in malls typically take about 6 months to build.

577BAB35-C848-420B-A3B5-4F4CF9D25E58.jpeg

The Blue Marine & Co. on Level 2 has been replaced by H&R Block, which I guess will be replaced by something else once tax season is over.

Haight & Ashbury is returning again to the mall, this time in the former Town Shoes space.

A shoe company called Vivorosa will be replacing the Black Goat Cashmere pop up.

Last edited:
Lululemon’s new space is under construction. Big improvement on location and size.

View attachment 172959

uhh.. I am soo sick of Lulemon- and yoga/ athletic type clothing stores- they are everywhere...
and taking over what should be real clothes stores.. you go to majority of clothing stores- and there is a huge section just for sportswear
aaaand they all look alike- and are taking space- instead of offering non-athletic clothes.. I mean I work out- but there is no need for this much space dedicated to this ..
was at Eaton Centre just yesterday- cause I was looking for a specific type of clothing...I went though that place in a couple of hours..
whereas it used to take me at least a few shopping trips after work- to go though everything in the whole mall.. I am an avid shopper so this was odd- how things have changed..

uhh.. I am soo sick of Lulemon- and yoga/ athletic type clothing stores- they are everywhere...
and taking over what should be real clothes stores.. you go to majority of clothing stores- and there is a huge section just for sportswear
aaaand they all look alike- and are taking space- instead of offering non-athletic clothes.. I mean I work out- but there is no need for this much space dedicated to this ..
was at Eaton Centre just yesterday- cause I was looking for a specific type of clothing...I went though that place in a couple of hours..
whereas it used to take me at least a few shopping trips after work- to go though everything in the whole mall.. I am an avid shopper so this was odd- how things have changed..

I noticed that as well recently. There are more clothing stores than there is anything else. I find the Eaton Centre to be the one mall I stay away from. I cannot find anything I need there anymore as it is all boutique or specialty stores.

A couple months ago I went to Roots in the Eaton Centre to buy some shirts I saw on their website. They did not have them at that location, only the higher end, more stylish aspects of the Roots Cabin Collection. When I went to the Roots store in the Scarborough Town Centre I found the Roots Cabin Collection sweatshirt at a cheaper cost than the clothes in the Eaton Centre location.

The Eaton Centre is overpriced and full of clothes only the foolish would buy.

Stores like Nordstroms and The Bay are even worse. They are grouped by label making it impossible to find anything specific. You have to go all over the store to find anything you want.

Demand drives supply. In this day and age, a lot of people are in to fitness and yoga in particular. These types of stores are spreading because there’s a lot more demand for that kind of clothing than there is for what you call “real clothing”. You know what that’s called? Fashion.

Yoga/athletic wear is everyday clothing now a days. It's not the most stylish look, but It is simple and practical clothing.

15 years ago you wouldn't see women wearing tights/yoga pants without at least a long top covering their "butts" in the workplace. Those days are long gone. Fashion is much more casual now. I remember the days you needed to wear dress pants and dress shoes to the night club "No jeans" "No sneakers".

Haight & Ashbury Clothing has opened up again in the old Town Shoes spot on the second level..prob another pop-up

Back