News   Apr 24, 2024
 930     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 610     0 

Toronto Eaton Centre

Club Monaco's store had rotating renovations but the entire store is open again and the windows along Yonge Street have been uncovered and bring light into the store. So much better and makes for a more urban / high street shopping experience- it's a crime they were ever covered up in the first place.

Rinascimento will be opening in the former Bench location on Level 2.

Haight & Ashbury will be returning again to the mall on May 15th - perhaps in their old location? HiO is now closed.

Last edited:
Nine West declared bankruptcy a couple of weeks ago, and the Eaton Centre store is closing.

Yogen Fruz / Presotea has re-opened on Level 1, for those who have been jonesing for Frozen Yogourt and Bubble Tea. Refuel Juicery is still not open.
No movement at all in the former HiO and Capezio spaces. I'm not sure if Haight & Ashbury will be coming back after all - they've been removed again from the directory.

Yogen Fruz / Presotea has re-opened on Level 1, for those who have been jonesing for Frozen Yogourt and Bubble Tea. Refuel Juicery is still not open.
No movement at all in the former HiO and Capezio spaces. I'm not sure if Haight & Ashbury will be coming back after all - they've been removed again from the directory.

I wish the Booster Juice was in the Eaton Centre rather than the Atrium.

Then again, the lineups would be much longer in the Eaton Centre.

Look who I found in Barrie yesterday...

31955151_10156003600200399_2628662998973022208_n.jpg

She's now hung in the Barrie Downtown Library as long as she did in the Toronto Eaton Centre (about 15 years).

Attachments

• 31955151_10156003600200399_2628662998973022208_n.jpg
    31955151_10156003600200399_2628662998973022208_n.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 615
Rinascimento has opened on Level 2, Miniso is now open on Level 1, and EBX has re-opened in the former Trade Secrets space.

I have weird fever dream-like memories of that atrium before it got bastardized.

There were plants.. A police station.. The kites, some Blade Runner Japanese looking lady and the lady above there ^^

I miss the old EC.

It was definitely an interesting time. I remember that police station in the middle of the atrium, along with all that weird astroturf-like green carpet flooring. Plus that odd retail passageway below leading to the movie theatres which had laughably small screens.

I have weird fever dream-like memories of that atrium before it got bastardized.

There were plants.. A police station.. The kites, some Blade Runner Japanese looking lady and the lady above there ^^

I miss the old EC.

As an avid gardener, i miss the days when the Eaton Centre and other malls, were full of trees and tropical plants, greenery is so aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Of course now a days gardeners and Horticulturists are no longer in the shopping mall's budgets.

Fossil and Trade Secrets have both re-opened after their respective renovations. Freedom Mobile and Lucky Mobile have opened new kiosks on Level 2.
Rocky Mountain Soap Company will be opening later this summer in the former Capezio space on Level 2.
Danier, Frank & Oak and Paragon will also open stores in TEC, locations to be determined.
Refuel Juicery is still not open.

There was also a rather large flood due to this afternoon's thunderstorm. All 3 levels were affected on the south end of the mall.

Last edited:

Back