News   Apr 24, 2024
 382     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 2.7K     6 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 654     0 

Toronto Eaton Centre

There used to be one there before they did the new entrance. Maybe it's just coming back?

I think this is what's happening. They closed the tiny store for the lobby renovations, and it never came back when the entrance was completed. However, there is a new-ish Tim's location right across the street beside the Canon Theatre, plus the one inside the Atrium on Bay (with a second location soon to open in the Atrium food court).

I think this is what's happening. They closed the tiny store for the lobby renovations, and it never came back when the entrance was completed. However, there is a new-ish Tim's location right across the street beside the Canon Theatre, plus the one inside the Atrium on Bay (with a second location soon to open in the Atrium food court).

Plus the one in 10 dundas on the lower level

If the address is, as it says, 250 Yonge, then this has nothing to do with Yonge and Dundas and is simply renovations to the existing take out counter in the office building lobby (as the project description would appear to suggest).

If the address is, as it says, 250 Yonge, then this has nothing to do with Yonge and Dundas and is simply renovations to the existing take out counter in the office building lobby (as the project description would appear to suggest).

I'm wondering exactly where within 250 Yonge this would be opening, as the former location of the Tim's take-out counter in the lobby has been replaced with some comfy seats and an alcove.

250 Yonge is definitely the address of the office tower, not the mall, so either they've used an incorrect address, as discussed above, or the counter is going back into the lobby somewhere. Where is an excellent question.

ETA: Just checked the map function on the City's website. It shows the office building as 260 Yonge (it's not unusual for the mapping to show addresses incorrectly for multi-address buildings), with 250 smack dab in the middle of the mall. So, it's anyone's guess if they mean the actual 250 Yonge or not.

Last edited:
A passageway is now open between the old Sears ground floor main entrance at Yonge and Dundas and the mall itself.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5G 1Z3

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 150165 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: May 1, 2014

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to unit #A-007 for new retail store - "Microsoft". Convienence address is 220 Yonge St.

Unit A-007 appears to be the space currently occupied by Sony - at least that's what it says on Sony's website.

Unit A-007 appears to be the space currently occupied by Sony - at least that's what it says on Sony's website.
Sony would be forced to move it that happens.

I always wished the Eaton Centre (or Yorkdale) were home to Canada's first Nintendo Store. No need to go to Pacific Mall in Markham to get plush Nintendo character toys (as it has the largest variety) and no need to book a long bus, train, or plane trip to the Nintendo World Store in midtown Manhattan.

Sony would be forced to move it that happens.

I always wished the Eaton Centre (or Yorkdale) were home to Canada's first Nintendo Store. No need to go to Pacific Mall in Markham to get plush Nintendo character toys (as it has the largest variety) and no need to book a long bus, train, or plane trip to the Nintendo World Store in midtown Manhattan.

That's cool you collect plush toys. i have a friend who collects plush hand puppets. I'm not into gaming much these days, but I do think the Eaton Centre would be the best spot for a Nintendo World.

Back