News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 982     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 369     0 

Toronto Eaton Centre

When the Eaton's at Yorkdale closed, it took about the same time to make it into a functional section of that mall. There's a lot involved in turning a space that size into an area that blends with the rest of the mall.

...Reading the comments on the star, I don't know why some readers think Nordstrom is as expensive as Holts - at least in the US their prices are lower than the Bay and isn't "luxury" as indicated in the news report at all.

The only Nordstrom I visited (other than downtown Chicago's, but that was years ago) is in Pittsburgh, and I wasn't impressed. I found it very conservative and boring. But it might be because of that particular market.

Is the Nordstrom's going to be ready in Fall 2016, or the new retail space that they're not taking, or both? I guess more details are yet to come.

Last edited:
The only Nordstrom I visited (other than downtown Chicago's, but that was years ago) is in Pittsburgh, and I wasn't impressed. I found it very conservative and boring. But it might be because of that particular market.

YUP - all of their stores are like that. I don't see what the big deal is either.

I visited the one in the Detroit area a few months back. I found it extremely expensive. Mens dress shirts were $150 to $500 bucks. I would rather shop at Saks if i'm going to spend that kind of cash. The service at Saks is phenomenal too.

I visited the one in the Detroit area a few months back. I found it extremely expensive. Mens dress shirts were $150 to $500 bucks. I would rather shop at Saks if i'm going to spend that kind of cash. The service at Saks is phenomenal too.

From a small-footed girl's perspective, Nordstrom has much, much more choice than Saks. Nordie's even holds seasonal "specialty size" sales, with discounts on shoes smaller than 5 1/2 and larger than a 10. I don't think I've seen that many size 4 1/2s and even 4s in my life.

Nordstrom has an amazing shoe department. Everything else is far too expensive for me. I can say that Nordstrom Rack is amazing though, I think I walked out with five pairs of shoes last time I was there in the states.

Nordstrom is expensive but you can get some crazy deals at their end of season clearance sales. I picked some designer golf shirts on sale for $60. Those exact same golf shirts were on sale at Harry Rosen's for $100! i don't expect the Canadian Nordstrom's to have the same sale prices as the American stores unfortunately.

I do hope Nordstrom ( and Saks) brings it's level of customer service to Canada. I have always been impressed by how friendly and helpful the staff is in the states.

There will still be quite a bit of space left even taking into account the Sears office lease - it will be interesting to see what they have planned since the accessibility of those floors will be limited given the current arrangement.

AoD

seeing as Sears is "rightsizing" after a few years i could see that above office space allocated to be included into the flagship, as at 213,000 sqft it is only the second largest nordstrom store planned for canada and according to officials this is supposed to be their Canadian FlagShip, so i have a feeling nordstrom may acquire some of that retail space when it needs to expand later at a discount cause it will otherwise be inaccessible

I do hope Nordstrom ( and Saks) brings it's level of customer service to Canada.

If that meansthe American-style greeters at the door and having someone come up to you every 5 g-damn seconds asking if you need any help, or if you'd tried a certain cologne, etc., and hustling me (cause that's what they're doing) to buy a certain item – then no thanks! Lol.:p Good customer service to me is being there if I have a question and leaving me alone if I don't. And I hate greeters. But, what ever Nordstrom brings can't be worse than what Sears left behind!

Yes, that's quite the lookalike. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I suppose.

Interesting that OMG means the same thing in Swedish.
How lazy the architecture was. The Toronto Eaton Centre is built on a slope though, as the Dundas Street entrance is one level higher than the Queen Street entrance.

By the way, English and Swedish are both Germanic languages, so it can be expected (just like how BMW makes sense when spelled out in English (as Bavarian Motor Works) and German).

Last edited:

Back