Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

We went shopping in michigan over the holidays, went to the big Great Lakes crossing retail outlet, didn't find prices or selection too much better then here, happened to run into a nordstrom outlet, think it was called nordstrom rack. It was layed out kind of like a Marshall's or winners, but the selection of clothing and shoes was awesome. Ended up spending most of our money on our trip in this discount nordstrom alone. Would like to see this outlet store here went nordstrom opens, could see it being really popular for those who find nordstroms prices little too high.

I used to live 10 minutes from Great Lakes! The mall itself is not even close to a true outlet center, but the Nordstrom Rack closeby is amazing. Amazing shoe/boot selection, and great deals.

A pathway has been opened up on the second floor between the Dundas atrium and the rest of the mall. Looks like it's the final hallway and will be lined with regular stores, a few store names were listed on some signage but the only one I remember is Tumi. So I guess Nordstrom will occupy the main floor and higher.

The full list, thanks to GKW in the Eaton Centre thread in the Retail subforum, is:

H&M
Tumi
Ever New
Saje
Oak & Fort
Rudsack
Thomas Sabo
L'Occitane
Champs Sports
Pandora

That list is all for level 2 (1 level below ground). Apple's relocation and the new Uniqlo are expected at level 3 (ground level) and a second storey on the level above, along with others that aren't known yet of course!

I wonder how they will work the legendary Apple aesthetics (presumably, a street entrance?) in the bulk of the structure. Kind of annoyed that there isn't any public info on the changes.

AoD

Nice

unnamed-4.jpg

http://styledemocracy.com/hm-at-yonge-dundas-gets-a-major-facelift-renovation/

Attachments

• unnamed-4.jpg
    unnamed-4.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,334
That's seriously underwhelming for this intersection. Does it take up more sidewalk space as well?

That's seriously underwhelming for this intersection. Does it take up more sidewalk space as well?

It looks no different than it does today in terms of the shape, size and footprint from the outside. Looks like just the cladding is being changed and the door moved over to the corner.

Back