Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

All that's left of the old Starbucks island

IMG_6321.JPG

One of the tenants for the Nordstrom Box is publicly confirmed. Eataly arrives early in 2025.

This is Toronto's 3rd full-sized outpost, and 4th overall, only behind Tokyo globally.

Edit to add, here is Retail-Insider's piece:

Last edited:
OMG!!! So I reread the article and Eataly is taking part of the main floor so that leaves another main floor section plus a section of a higher level for Simon’s? Splitting the Nordstrom space vertically?

Last edited:
OMG!!! So I reread the article and Eataly is taking part of the main floor so that leaves another main floor section plus a section of a higher level for Simon’s? Splitting the Nordstrom space vertically?

Yes, there are more tenants coming.

That's all I can say.

Eataly isn't afraid of over saturating the market? Does Toronto really need that many? Eaton Centre is a good place for it though I think
I suspect Eataly did their research and decided that TEC and area and Bay/Bloor clientele are not-overlapping, or at least not much. We'll see in a couple of years!

This is interesting I wonder how they're going to split that upper level space, especially is Eataly might only take part of the 2nd floor and not the full thing.

Which also leads me to the question of how the heck any customer would get to the 3rd floor for any tenant who would like to lease that space. There's going to have to be a substantial amount of work to redo the entire space. That's unless Eataly doesnt mind having the space interact with whomever would lease the 3rd floor.

This is interesting I wonder how they're going to split that upper level space, especially is Eataly might only take part of the 2nd floor and not the full thing.

Which also leads me to the question of how the heck any customer would get to the 3rd floor for any tenant who would like to lease that space. There's going to have to be a substantial amount of work to redo the entire space. That's unless Eataly doesnt mind having the space interact with whomever would lease the 3rd floor.

Don't worry, there's a plan, LOL

The layout of the 3 levels will be different than it is today.........

I can now reveal..............

The new anchor tenant in the former Nordstrom box at TEC is Simons.

In addition to Simons and Eataly, Nike will also be taking space here.

The new Simons is 110,000 ft2

While Nike is taking 18,000 ft2

Rendering of the new facade of the TEC (former) Nordstrom box:

1717668184918.png

More on all this from Retail-Insider, here:

And on Nike, here:

I can now reveal..............

The new anchor tenant in the former Nordstrom box at TEC is Simons.

In addition to Simons and Eataly, Nike will also be taking space here.

The new Simons is 110,000 ft2

While Nike is taking 18,000 ft2

Rendering of the new facade of the TEC (former) Nordstrom box:

View attachment 570112

More on all this from Retail-Insider, here:

And on Nike, here:

It's official :cool:

Simon's should do great business here, it fits the market almost perfectly.

Looking forward to seeing how the Eataly will work here, the location at Bay/Bloor does great and it fits their target market but I really dont know how well that's going to translate at this particular location. The name will definitely draw for the first couple years, but after that I have my doubts on how viable it will be.

As for Nike, it's going to be popular I have no doubts on that. Personally I hate the concept that their stores have evolved to compared to the early-mid 2000's, but I know they're pretty much just licensing the name at this point.

Reading into how Cadillac Fairview and the tenants plan on dividing the space (without going off of any floor plans), i'm not optimistic that it's going to mesh well. How the heck are 3 tenants going to divide the 2nd floor into anything that's even remotely coherent is beyond me. Obviously looking at the floor plans would help on this, but just going on what i've seen on that level (both from behind house and store space) it's going to be wacky.

Looking forward to seeing how the Eataly will work here, the location at Bay/Bloor does great and it fits their target market but I really dont know how well that's going to translate at this particular location. The name will definitely draw for the first couple years, but after that I have my doubts on how viable it will be.

This location is about 1/2 the size of the one on Bloor, so I think it should be able to hold its own. I haven't seen a break down on resto space vs 'grocery' but TEC is light on resto space so I think there's a reasonable prospect for them to do quite well here.

Reading into how Cadillac Fairview and the tenants plan on dividing the space (without going off of any floor plans), i'm not optimistic that it's going to mesh well. How the heck are 3 tenants going to divide the 2nd floor into anything that's even remotely coherent is beyond me. Obviously looking at the floor plans would help on this, but just going on what i've seen on that level (both from behind house and store space) it's going to be wacky.

I am given to understand that:

Simons will be almost non-existent on the second floor, its just an escalator landing and a bit extra. The second floor is mostly Eataly and Nike.

Simons is mainly on the 1st and 3rd floors.

Eataly is mostly on two, but with a street level presence as well.

There's still a lot of design work left to do on the interior spaces........ but the basic shape is workable.

The Yonge St. facade on the other hand.............I wish the proposed treatment were different.

Last edited:
It will do swell as TEC is very busy and there are several chain restos (Earl’s, Milestones, Joey) that do well. The other thing is the burgeoning residential population around Dundas Square, especially to the southeast.

Now that this is sorted they can work on the new space at Yonge/Queen and perhaps something at Bay\Dundas!

Back