Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

Tonight

P1070265.JPG

Attachments

• P1070265.JPG
    P1070265.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 542
I'm happy/surprised there isn't a CF logo on every side of that structure
Im sure as the years go by, Cadillac Fairview will look into doing exactly just that. Their goal of late seems to be to plaster their logo around as much as possible, for "marketing" purposes.

Question- are there any plans to clean/redo the glass roof? It feels quite dirty and dated at this point, no matter how much they renovate the ground floors.

A new roof like at Calgary's Core Mall or even Yorkdale Mall would do wonders in revitalizing the space. Even replacing the panes would be better, IMO.

I hate to say it, but the original character of Eaton Centre is long gone by now, and a revamp of the roof (and maybe the upper floors) could help update the entire mall.

Surely the roof windows are reaching a point in their lifespan where a look at replacement is worth a thought.

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but the original character of Eaton Centre is long gone by now, and a revamp of the roof (and maybe the upper floors) could help update the entire mall.

Surely the roof windows are reaching a point in their lifespan where a look at replacement is worth a thought.

A careful update along the lines of what's proposed for Glencairn might not be a bad idea - keep the tinted pattern, but adopt a more modern approach (spider clamps, actual curved glass panels, etc)

AoD

A careful update along the lines of what's proposed for Glencairn might not be a bad idea - keep the tinted pattern, but adopt a more modern approach (spider clamps, actual curved glass panels, etc)

AoD

Definitely agree- facade technology & engineering has advanced quite a bit since the 70s (builders having problems with the original glass roof design of the Roy Thompson Hall vs the complex glass structures being built today)- retaining the original forms, but simplifying the structure and supports could really update the space.

Back