Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

So that's what they meant by "etched bronze" - you can actually see patterns in the bronze bandings.

AoD

Indeed. I haven't even noticed that until now.

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 3.13.02 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 3.13.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 3.13.02 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 429
I really hope they reconsider their Queen Street frontage after this. I don't know whoever thought that building an iron fence wall facing their main Queen Street entrance for Oakley store was a good idea.
26258-91593.jpeg

Both store fronts should have transparent and strong street presence. Ideally, they'd both be restaurants or cafes with patios or garage door windows that open in the warmer months.

[...] Both store fronts should have transparent and strong street presence. Ideally, they'd both be restaurants or cafes with patios or garage door windows that open in the warmer months.

You're not thinking that they should get rid of the dank recess for their Queen St entrance, are you? Oh but, @MetroMan, the dank, the dank!

I'm not sure what you mean, Personally I think it doesn't fit with either building at all. And it's going to create a mess for most of the summer, although thanks to the eton centres post people seem to think it's weekend project.

How is it going to create a mess most of summer? A similar bridge at St. Mike's was built without taking up an entire season - the bridge was lifted up over one weekend.

AoD

I think it looks fantastic. The bronze colour seems to match the brick on the Bay building pretty well.

It reminds me of the sandworms from Beetlejuice.

How is it going to create a mess most of summer? A similar bridge at St. Mike's was built without taking up an entire season - the bridge was lifted up over one weekend.

AoD
It's one of the reasons for no streetcars on Queen Street for the entire summer. They have to take down the old one first plus the Streetcar wires and probably all of the lights around it for the crosswalk below it. Its not a simple as lifting in a new ugly bridge.

It's one of the reasons for no streetcars on Queen Street for the entire summer. They have to take down the old one first plus the Streetcar wires and probably all of the lights around it for the crosswalk below it. Its not a simple as lifting in a new ugly bridge.

The old one has to eventually come down somehow, what do you suggest?

Anything involving the TTC seems to take a summer and then another one. Stop blaming the bridge for one's inefficiency.

AoD

Will they be sprucing up the Queen entrance for Eaton Centre? It looks pretty shabby looking..

Hi Group,
The Plus 15 as Such is a Welcome Addition to Toronto..These are More Common in Calgary and parts of Edmonton as well. Lets hope it will B a Trend that Catches on in future Bldg Developements in the DT Core.

Thanks,
Operater.

Back