Toronto East Lofts Condos | ?m | 12s | Harhay | a—A

That wasn't a failed Context project. They sold it to TCHC after they were finalists in the redevelopment of Regent Park.

I think there's some confusion here. East Lofts is condos and is on south side of King at Princess. (Street address 275 King East) Its crane is going up 'as I write". The TCHC project is on north side of King (between King and Adelaide) just west of Berkeley and actually has an Adelaide address (501 Adelaide).

A few pics of EAST (and environs) from my balcony last week..

DSCN4900.jpg

DSCN4901.jpg

DSCN4902.jpg

DSCN4903.jpg

How so? I can assume they will be building starting this month, so a year to build? Do you know otherwise? How about some information?

I believe grey is just pointing out that if the information was conveyed to be a fact, whoever transmitted it is not telling the truth. There is no way that a multi-floor building can be built and taking occupants in a year.

Eighteen to twenty months would be a ball park figure, but that parking lot does not look like it's about to be closed.

I have no clue how fast these things go up. Which parking lot are you talking about? I've not had a look around the building yet.

I think there is still some confusion here. People keep talking about two quite different sites. One, whose thread this is, is on King Street East (East Lofts) has a crane and a huge hole - almost completely excavated and will become a 13? floor building. As the footprint is so small and foundatiions are being poured I guess it COULD be ready by late summer 2009. The other site is a large parking lot on north side of Adelaide Street East opposite the top of Princess Street where PlazaCorp is supposed to be building more condos. This has not yet got city permits nor a sales office so is clearly YEARS away.

Yes, I am talking about the King Street & Princess eastlofts.ca, across from Betty's. That is the one I'm interested in, but I want to know the realistic date for occupation.

I live across the street from this development and based on the progress to date (and how long it's taken them to get where they are), I'd guesstimate fall 2009 for occupancy...as a rule of thumb you should add 3-6 months on to what the developer tells you.

This raises an interesting point. The developers themselves, with their expertise and their knowledge of the progress at a given project, must be able to estimate to within a month or so how long that project will take to reach initial occupancy.

So why are the estimates they give to their customers almost always far too optimistic? The obvious reason is that they want to maximize sales, and are afraid that giving an accurate occupancy date would scare away some of the potential buyers -- but if they KNOW that the date they tell their buyers is 6 months too early, isn't that illegal?

I bought a condo at EAST. There seems to be a lot of opinions on this thread, but little fact. The whole project was delayed a year due to a local resident action group that wanted to make changes in the design. It made it's way very slowly through the OMB and took a whole year to rule on things like whether we can keep the black brick design or change to red brick to blend in more. RIDICULOUS !!!! In any event, all their roadblocks got thrown out of court and now the build is supposedly on track for December 2008. This does sound very soon. I'm thinking more like March 2009. That seems reasonable since I saw a building called Rezen go up in 8 months and it is also 13 floors. So time will tell. Bottom line is when it is finished it is going to look spectacular with all it's steel, black brick, and glass. Can't wait !!

Back