Toronto East Lofts Condos | ?m | 12s | Harhay | a—A

Definitely. If they get occupancy by June 2009 I'd be surprised.

It's already been delayed by a year.

Agree. That is absolutely impossible. It would take them 3-4 months for demo of the old building and another 5 months for digging the hole.

Here's the email response I received from a rep from Brad J Lamb's firm regarding the delay of East Lofts on August 7th, 2007.

Hi Albert,

Yes, there was a delay as the developer had to take some zoning issues to the board.

However, everything is fine now and construction is slated to begin by the end of the Month.

We have 24 units left.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Steven

When it comes to accuracy, the announced dates for occupancy are worse than long-range weather predicitions.

You can pretty much ALWAYS tag an extra 12 months on any new condo development completion date. The developers know this, the brokers know this. I think a lot of people (if you have any knowledge of condo development in this city) know it.

The interior demolition of the storage facility where East lofts will rise is well underway this week. They have ripped out the sales centre and have started removing the guts of the building (storage lockers, mostly).

The interior demolition of the storage facility where East lofts will rise is well underway this week. They have ripped out the sales centre and have started removing the guts of the building (storage lockers, mostly).

Thanks for the update. At least something is finally happening.

From the developer:

For those who have passed by the site, you will undoubtedly have noticed the start of construction at
East. The storage facility was vacated and closed in August. Protective fencing has been erected
around the site as demolition continues. While obtaining permits has been frustratingly slow, we
began interior demolition only to be delayed by finding asbestos, which required further testing and
controlled safe removal prior to demolition. The interior of the building has now been gutted and we
are presently working on demolishing the structure, starting with the roof. This will be completed in
mid-November, when we will begin shoring the site. The excavation will begin in December and will
then take about 3 months to complete.
We have also posted some photos showing the progress following interior demolition.

Photos from the developer:

eastconstruction1.jpg

eastconstruction2.jpg

eastconstruction3.jpg

eastconstruction4.jpg

I'm surprised by the deafening silence from those who oppose the demolition of just about any old structure ( and this one has windows! ) in the historic old town ...

What exactly is being demolished? This cute little warehouse?

eastconstruction1.jpg

I'm surprised by the deafening silence from those who oppose the demolition of just about any old structure ( and this one has windows! ) in the historic old town ...

Eventually you accept that the almighty dollar eventually wins out...

The same people are silent about the impending destruction of an old buiding for RAC III. Funny that.

Back