Toronto Dundas Square Gardens | 156.05m | 50s | Gupta | IBI Group

April 15
No one on site at all with various sections of the exterior facing removed from the build for saving for some unknown reason. A few windows have been remove and holes in the wall.

Will post photos next week since they at the bottom what I shot that day and tie up this week doing anything with them.

Nope, it's still there. It's the Mutual Street Deli now (which, incidentally, is a great little deli!)

Demolition progressing, especially from the north side.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,535
Can't wait to see this eyesore gone for good!
Replaced with another eyesore. Everything about the form of this new building is off. It's way too heavy. If it wasn't this area of town it would have been opposed.

Was this building ever considered attractive?

Despite standards of beauty not being universal, this is an instance where I think it would be hard to find anyone who could successfully defend this building's aesthetic merits in a debate.

Does anyone actually have pictures of what it looked like before the hotel? I had tried finding pictures years ago but nothing turned up.

Despite standards of beauty not being universal, this is an instance where I think it would be hard to find anyone who could successfully defend this building's aesthetic merits in a debate.

There's a part of me—like a really deep, elemental part of me—where pain is provoked every time I see this building.

Back