Toronto Discovery at Concord Park Place | ?m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

I'm directionally challenged, which is building A and which is building B?? Thanks

in my photo above (post #509) looking towards the west, Bldg 'A' is on right Bldg 'B' is on the left

Some pics I took a few days ago.

Attachments

• concord13.jpg
    concord13.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 236
  • concord9.jpg
    concord9.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 217
  • concord14.jpg
    concord14.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 228
Site Visit Nov 13

Click for full size

Last week for the crane on tower 2 as it comes down this weekend

Oct 2 2010 update

photos that I never got around to posting previously ~

Bldgs 'A' + 'B'
Click to Enlarge

Bldg 'D' - with light spandrels

Bldg 'E' - with dark spandrels

My one complaint is that the ground floor of these different phases/towers seem so disjointed :(.

Also, the tan and brown brick used seems like an afterthought-- given the glazing on the towers, dark grey brick would have worked much better.

I have the same question - Which tower is phase I and which is phase II? One little comment about the amenities in this building - do you think having a pet spa/ grooming area as part of the facility a little overboard?

Where I live at the MET there is a pet spa as well; but it is actually quite useful. You can exit the building through it directly, and it consists of a table for clipping animals' toenails, a tub for washing them, and a table with a blowdryer. Seems quite useful to me, as opposed to making residents clean their animals in their own bathtubs, etc.

I'm really enjoying Concord's colour choices for the glazing. I wish they'd embraced some more variety down at CityPlace; it could definitely use some jet black towers or a little more colour. I like the the white on building E as well. One thing that would've really looked nice is if they'd alternated the colours on Tango, so that the opposite colours face each other. Right now it seems a little less imaginative, as both blue facades face outwards, and both black facades face inwards. Flipping one would've provided more visual interest.

My one complaint is that the ground floor of these different phases/towers seem so disjointed :(.

Also, the tan and brown brick used seems like an afterthought-- given the glazing on the towers, dark grey brick would have worked much better.

I completely agree with you SPIRE, the tan and brown looks rather "cheap" and does not fit with the rest of the tower. Dark grey or even off white would have worked much better and given the townhomes more class.

Phase 1 is buildings A and B, the tallest ones, and C to E are phase 2.

Back