Toronto Discovery at Concord Park Place | ?m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

For anyone who purchased Discovery I or II, did you, or were you able to put in an assignment clause in the purchase agreement?!??!

I'm in the midst of buying off someone, but the deal died and I wanted to find out if it's an assignment issue (developer not allowing) or something else.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Yes, I was able to get add an assignment clause to my agreement.

Daily Commercial News

Things progress @ Discovery 2 ... :)

it appears this project is one of those dual architects arrangement once again, Quadrangle is responsible for the preliminary design, whereas Page & Steele does the working drawings ~

CONDOMINIUM BUILDINGS, TOWNHOUSES
Proj: 9062897-13
North York, Metro Toronto Reg ON
NEGOTIATED/PLANS COMPLETE
Concord Park Place Phase Two Discovery Buildings C, D & E, Sheppard Ave E, Bessarion Rd, Esther Shriver Blvd, M2K 1C2
$50,000,000 est

Start: November, 2009

Complete: December, 2010

Note: Excavation of the parking structure beneath this project began July, 2008 and is ongoing. Site work and servicing are underway. Construction is expected to begin Fall 2009. Invited Sub trade pricing is under review and will be forwarded to the Owner for approval Fall 2009. Const Mgr will confirm construction schedules based on sales October/November, 2009. Contact information for the awarded trades will be released when construction begins. Further update November, 2009.
Quadrangle Architects will complete Preliminary Plans. Page & Steele will complete Working Drawings.

Project: concrete foundation, structural steel frame, fuel fired heating system, glass and precast exteriors; brick cladding; proposed construction of two condominium apartment buildings (buildings D&E) and 11 three storey townhouse units in one structure (building C). Buildings D and E will each be 12 storeys. Building D will have 143 units, building E will have 232 units. This project will include four levels of underground parking to be shared with Phase One, report number 9062893. The number of spaces is undetermined.

Scope: 450,000 square feet; 12 storeys; 4 storeys below grade; 5 structures; 386 units; 4 acres

Development: New

Category: Apartment bldgs

First report Tue May 08, 2007. Last report Wed Jun 24, 2009.
This report Fri Aug 28, 2009.

http://www.dcnonl.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=48763ae61e70a4cd904d7f5bd91023e5d73712c7&projectid=9062897&region=ontario

New to board

Hey everyone, I just visited the showroom today and was quite impressed with the layout, wondering if it is going to pan out like the community that it paints it out to be.

Anyone buy a unit here? Have the prices really gone up since 2007 when they first started marketing? Just curious...really interested in the townhouses but I think the individual ones are in the latter phase.

Sept 09

IMG_sept-09-09-0117.jpg

IMG_sept-09-09-0127.jpg

IMG_sept-09-09-0118.jpg

IMG_sept-09-09-0123.jpg

IMG_sept-09-09-0120.jpg

What is it with concord and inclined building sites. The two just don't mesh well.

LOL ... the benefit of having inclined sites is the P4/P5 parking level in Discovery can exit the garage at grade onto Esther Shiner Blvd without having to drive up 4/5 levels to reach the north exit ramp

Hey everyone, I just visited the showroom today and was quite impressed with the layout, wondering if it is going to pan out like the community that it paints it out to be.

Anyone buy a unit here? Have the prices really gone up since 2007 when they first started marketing? Just curious...really interested in the townhouses but I think the individual ones are in the latter phase.

I think this is from late 2007: http://www.dennisparadis.com/Concord_Park_Place_-_Pricing/page_1873440.html

You'll have to contact them for current pricing though... (and let us know!)

Canadian Tire HQ with Direct Access to Leslie Subway

This is great news, confirms that the complex will have direct access to the subway station:

Canadian Tire wants to build a new corporate head office on Sheppard Avenue west of Leslie Street as part of a huge re-development of the area.

The building at 1181 Sheppard Ave. E. will provide a direct indoor link to the subway at the Leslie Street station for both employees and residents of new condominium buildings being built on the site, Willowdale Councillor David Shiner said.

"It is a fantastic opportunity that we have," he said.

Not only would the headquarters provide construction jobs, it would ensure Canadian Tire keeps its employees in Toronto, unlike other corporations that have fled to suburbs outside the city, Shiner said.

The headquarters would consolidate the company's head office operations from several locations in mid-town Toronto and across the Greater Toronto Area.

The building will also feature a daycare centre and stores.

An office building has long been part of development plans for the area, but at the Sept. 15 North York Community Council meeting, Canadian Tire said it hopes to increase the permitted density while maintaining the approved height to accommodate its corporate headquarters.

Councillors supported the application, although Toronto Council must still decide the issue at its meeting Sept. 30 and Oct. 1.

In addition, Canadian Tire has pledged $1 million toward building a community centre.

"They believe in helping the community. They know how important that community centre is," Shiner said.

Shiner, who has secured another $7 million from developers toward the community centre, called the donations significant because the city has so far refused to fund the facility for the growing area.

Because the neighbourhood is not classified by the city as high-risk, Shiner said the project routinely gets bumped off budget forecasts.

Without funding from private sources, the community centre has little chance of being built, he said.

If approved, the Canadian Tire headquarters would become part of a redevelopment of the 20-hectare (50-acre) site located on the south side of Sheppard between the Leslie and Bessarion subway stations and extending south to Hwy. 401.

In 2000, Canadian Tire filed an application for a mixed-use development on the site, which was approved in 2002.

In 2006, Canadian Tire sold most of the property to Concord Adex Developments, but retained the site at 1181 Sheppard, which is located at the southwest corner of Sheppard and the CN rail line west of Leslie.

Calling its $2-billion project Concord Park Place, Concord Adex is building the largest condo development in North York's history.

The 10-year project will feature condo towers between six and 28 storeys, housing some 5,000 families, along with townhouses, the community centre, shops, parkland and a school site.

"This is a tremendous achievement," Premier Dalton McGuinty said in May 2007 when the first phase of the project was unveiled.

"This is a community in the making, a vibrant, green community."

This is great news, confirms that the complex will have direct access to the subway station:

Canadian Tire wants to build a new corporate head office on Sheppard Avenue west of Leslie Street as part of a huge re-development of the area.

The building at 1181 Sheppard Ave. E. will provide a direct indoor link to the subway at the Leslie Street station for both employees and residents of new condominium buildings being built on the site, Willowdale Councillor David Shiner said.

"It is a fantastic opportunity that we have," he said.

Not only would the headquarters provide construction jobs, it would ensure Canadian Tire keeps its employees in Toronto, unlike other corporations that have fled to suburbs outside the city, Shiner said.

The headquarters would consolidate the company's head office operations from several locations in mid-town Toronto and across the Greater Toronto Area.

The building will also feature a daycare centre and stores.

An office building has long been part of development plans for the area, but at the Sept. 15 North York Community Council meeting, Canadian Tire said it hopes to increase the permitted density while maintaining the approved height to accommodate its corporate headquarters.

Councillors supported the application, although Toronto Council must still decide the issue at its meeting Sept. 30 and Oct. 1.

In addition, Canadian Tire has pledged $1 million toward building a community centre.

"They believe in helping the community. They know how important that community centre is," Shiner said.

Shiner, who has secured another $7 million from developers toward the community centre, called the donations significant because the city has so far refused to fund the facility for the growing area.

Because the neighbourhood is not classified by the city as high-risk, Shiner said the project routinely gets bumped off budget forecasts.

Without funding from private sources, the community centre has little chance of being built, he said.

If approved, the Canadian Tire headquarters would become part of a redevelopment of the 20-hectare (50-acre) site located on the south side of Sheppard between the Leslie and Bessarion subway stations and extending south to Hwy. 401.

In 2000, Canadian Tire filed an application for a mixed-use development on the site, which was approved in 2002.

In 2006, Canadian Tire sold most of the property to Concord Adex Developments, but retained the site at 1181 Sheppard, which is located at the southwest corner of Sheppard and the CN rail line west of Leslie.

Calling its $2-billion project Concord Park Place, Concord Adex is building the largest condo development in North York's history.

The 10-year project will feature condo towers between six and 28 storeys, housing some 5,000 families, along with townhouses, the community centre, shops, parkland and a school site.

"This is a tremendous achievement," Premier Dalton McGuinty said in May 2007 when the first phase of the project was unveiled.

"This is a community in the making, a vibrant, green community."

Does anyone know where the $7 million figure comes from? I have only seen $5.2 million floating around.

Renderings

Ripped from Concord's website for UT's record in the future ~

Discovery 1 (Bldgs A+B)
ConcordPark-1.jpg

Discovery 2 (Bldg D)
ConcordPark-2.jpg

Discovery 2 (Bldg E)
ConcordPark-3.jpg

Courtyard Between Bldgs D+E - note Bldg C on the right are now townhouses
ConcordPark-4.jpg
ConcordPark-5.jpg

Site Plan
ConcordPark-6.jpg

Contrasted with the previous renderings (before Bldg C was converted from a Tower to Townhouses)
Discovery II (Bldgs C
+D
)​

2361594763_6a85712144_o.jpg

Courtyard Between Bldgs D+E - note Bldg C on the right was a tower
2362426154_f2cb1660f6_o.jpg
2361595965_86ff2cc9b2_o.jpg

Site Plan
2361594357_a8c8b207c9_o.jpg

Thanks for keeping the thread alive solaris! Its not a very popular one but I'm excited, I'm in building A! The renderings are very nice, I just hope the real thing lives up to it!

From what I've read, they are going to convert building C into "luxury townhomes", each 3 levels and starting at a million dollars each! Out of my range for sure!;)

If anyone is looking to assign/sell units #2 or #9 above 18 floors (in buildings A/B of course), please get at me! ;)

They started advertising the Discovery II commercial. I notice the blue shuttle bus is like.......a van? Like how many people can fit in that little thing and how many will be circling around the neighbourhood. Are there even enough space to fit......10 people in there? How feasible is this? - so like the people getting on the last stop in the development, are they ever going to get a seat? lol.

Opinions?

I assume they have a shuttle running to swift people past/over the vast swath of construction debris and broken roads and mud, which can make for an unpleasant walk - even if the walk is only like 6 minutes. Will the shuttle continue running when the whole complex is complete? Most ParkPlace dwellers will be about 5-6 minutes from their front door to a subway platform, including an elevator/escalator ride or two.

Back