Toronto Discovery at Concord Park Place | ?m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

Just when I thought this thread was taking a nice long nap.....

4grand: I have to agree with you. I've been driving by the location a couple times a week and see those ugly mechanical boxes at the top. What boggles me even more is that on Building D, it has some sort of different orange/brown brick design which differs from the other buildings. I didn't see that one coming based on the initial pictures a few years ago. As much as I like to complain, I do have to agree with a-kau. The location is next to perfect.

I guess since Discovery 1/2 are the first batch of buildings for the multi-planned community, we are set up as the test-subjects. Probably Tango and Tango2 will have better designs and structures.

tango is a better designed structure. Tango 2... not so much.

And knowing Concord from their history downtown. Constuction quality should probably take on a southernly descend as the phase number grows larger.

Really? I had thought that their track record actually improved as CityPlace got to the latter phases since many many people complained about the quality of the initial CityPlace buildings but not as much as more buildings went up.

Like CasssiuX and I mentioned in our (very recent) posts if you had bothered to read them, almost unbeatable location at a very reasonable price.

Like CasssiuX and I mentioned in our (very recent) posts if you had bothered to read them, almost unbeatable location at a very reasonable price.

i agree, best location in north york, there isn't really any downside to the location

Is this in response to my post? I don't quite understand what location and price have to do with bland design.

I think that people are willing to sacrifice BLAND design if they get a good price at a good location... Thats how it was a response to your post. I am sure everyone would rather the quality of the four seasons or the TRUMP but if you are on a budget and if one of the three things are going to be sacrificed I understand why someone would choose to sacrifice the design....

What do people see in the towers that have been built at Park Place? They couldn't be more bland.

That was your original post and my reply was that despite the bland design, which I do acknowledge, we see an almost unbeatable location at a very reasonable price.

AMEN sixrings. =)

Last edited:
There's many projects completed or will be completed along the sheppard corridor such Merci, Shane Baghai, Aria, Emerald City, Arc, 21 and 23 Clairtrell, plus some of the older (but still relatively new) Daniels buildings such as 18 Kenaston and 17 Barberry as well.

Although if you specifically mean Leslie and Sheppard, then its only Park Place and Aria, that I know of anyways.

I think that people are willing to sacrifice BLAND design if they get a good price at a good location... Thats how it was a response to your post. I am sure everyone would rather the quality of the four seasons or the TRUMP but if you are on a budget and if one of the three things are going to be sacrificed I understand why someone would choose to sacrifice the design....

That was your original post and my reply was that despite the bland design, which I do acknowledge, we see an almost unbeatable location at a very reasonable price.

AMEN sixrings. =)

That would make sense if I criticized people for buying at park place. But from a strictly design aspect I think the building is bland...and how people can say these look better than what's at Cityplace is baffling to me. Might as well cancel the Pug Awards since people are no longer allowed to critique a building just based off of its design.

That would make sense if I criticized people for buying at park place. But from a strictly design aspect I think the building is bland...and how people can say these look better than what's at Cityplace is baffling to me. Might as well cancel the Pug Awards since people are no longer allowed to critique a building just based off of its design.

I never said they looked better some of the buildings at CityPlace and neither did sixrings. What we did acknowledge however was that DESPITE being bland, people will still buy the condos because they are willing to sacrifice good design for good price and good location.

In addition, I was only just responding to your original query as to what people see in these buildings and I never denied that giant grey mechanical box IS hideous and the design IS rather unremarkable. However, you can't seem to get over the fact that there is more to a building than just design characteristics which is what I am trying to point out to you.

Last edited:
I live in Aria and have a South and West view from my suite. I see these towers every day from my living room and actually don't mind them from a distance. It's certainly not the norm for this strip in terms of design and that's not a bad thing. I personally wouldn't want to live there however as I feel it's a bit too close to the 401 and traffic in that area is bad already, I can't imagine what it'll be like once all the towers are complete.

I do also realize that one of the draws of these towers is their proximity to the subway, but I still imagine that the majority of owners/residents will drive everywhere they need to go.

Back