Barrie Debut Waterfront Residences | ?m | 33s | Gary Silverberg | Oleson Worland

Been visiting Barrie regularly for the past 20 years as I have family up there and it's a great little city. Some parts of downtown are a bit sketchy but otherwise I've always enjoyed my time up there and even spent some winter and summer breaks living there when I was younger.

Also, as a snow lover, Barrie being located in the snowbelts just makes it that much nicer to me.
I also think Barrie is a pretty good place to be! I do think that the new developments being proposed in downtown and North Barrie (Georgian Mall area) will make the appearance and walkability much better! Definitely very excited for Debut and Lakhouse to be completed.

I also think Barrie is a pretty good place to be! I do think that the new developments being proposed in downtown and North Barrie (Georgian Mall area) will make the appearance and walkability much better! Definitely very excited for Debut and Lakhouse to be completed.
As a long time resident of Barrie I am a bit conflicted with Debut. On the one hand, the loss of those older buildings is sad, and the towers do stick out like a sore thumb. On the other hand. considering how short we are for housing here more is good, especially denser housing that will make a much more walkable community and I am looking forward to seeing the view of the city from above.

Today:

20211228_153255.jpg
20211228_153358.jpg

Really hoping this project turns out to be a great community space on the ground levels, especially with the new indoor farmers market coming soon to the transit terminal!

Back