Mississauga Daniels Erin Mills | ?m | 25s | Daniels | Kirkor Architects

Yup, no wondering if the building will go ahead or not, or be finished around when they say they will be, if you're buying from someone who is already building.

Also, could anyone tell me why the soil around here has a particular red hue to it? its quite the contrast to the grey soil in the rest of the GTA.

Red is a sign of clay I believe. Good for red brick city building.:)

Red brick or not, 'city building' is something Kirkor certainly knows nothing about. If it weren't for their cut-rate fees and borderline-abusive employee treatment, they'd be out of business tomorrow.

I knew there'd be a day where my first year physical geography course would come in handy!
It's not iron per se, but clay that has experienced oxidization (iron oxide) as a result of chemical weathering. It seems to be fairly common on the west side of Mississauga, from the 403 up to Meadowvale.

DSC00045_zpse8af27a8.jpg

DSC00044_zps66631ddb.jpg

Hey Jason, you are going to create UFO sightings in Mississauga! ;)

why is the excavation pit for one of the "Future residential" buildings on the siteplan from page 1? Did they switch to that being the first phase?

This would be the weathered clay layer above red Queenston shale at lower depths. Queenston shale underlies most of western Mississauga, Oakville, and Burlington.

Also, could anyone tell me why the soil around here has a particular red hue to it? its quite the contrast to the grey soil in the rest of the GTA.

What's being built at the entrance off EMP? I hope those patches aren't excavations for more stormwater management ponds. There's one there already.

Back