Mississauga Daniels Erin Mills | ?m | 25s | Daniels | Kirkor Architects

Untitled_zpsnlbxawqs.png

Interesting that Daniels literally 'recycles' the project logo from their previous North York project:

arc.gif

urbantoronto-1460-4290.jpg

http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2011/06/whats-happening-bayview-and-sheppard

Daniels isn't exactly known to spend a lot of money on marketing. They sell more on final product quality than hyping the projects up in preconstruction marketing.

Daniels isn't exactly known to spend a lot of money on marketing. They sell more on final product quality than hyping the projects up in preconstruction marketing.

"Final product quality?" Funny that I can't find a single completed project in their portfolio that's worth looking at...

It's true Daniels has deep pockets (very deep) and therefore does not have to 'hype up' projects in preconstruction phases, but when the end product is as appalling as the Kirkor garbage that's consistently foisted upon us, I can't see why those same pockets can't pay for more talented firms and better buildings.

"Final product quality?" Funny that I can't find a single completed project in their portfolio that's worth looking at...

It's true Daniels has deep pockets (very deep) and therefore does not have to 'hype up' projects in preconstruction phases, but when the end product is as appalling as the Kirkor garbage that's consistently foisted upon us, I can't see why those same pockets can't pay for more talented firms and better buildings.

Not a fan of the Festival Tower or One Cole?

Festival Tower's KPMB element (the podium) is pretty good but the tower is more underwhelming Kirkor. One Cole might be a strong Daniel's effort but is one of the weakest projects in HPA's portfolio.

Is there even one deep pocketed developer that isn't producing Kirkor quality?

Festival Tower's KPMB element (the podium) is pretty good but the tower is more underwhelming Kirkor. One Cole might be a strong Daniel's effort but is one of the weakest projects in HPA's portfolio.

That sounds like you're grasping at straws. Both are attractive buildings. Festival Tower could be mistaken for an aA or KPMB tower with its tasteful minimalism. HPA has a great portfolio--even their weaker projects are good. Both buildings were well received when they were completed.

That sounds like you're grasping at straws. Both are attractive buildings. Festival Tower could be mistaken for an aA or KPMB tower with its tasteful minimalism. HPA has a great portfolio--even their weaker projects are good. Both buildings were well received when they were completed.

Sure, they're handsome buildings but are you not equally guilty of grasping at straws by being so particular about two decent examples in a developer's entire portfolio? I think the sentiment in my initial post still holds water even if the wording doesn't. How about this then:
"Final product quality?" I can find strikingly few completed projects in their portfolio that are worth looking at..."

Back