Toronto Cumberland Square | 253.92m | 75s | KingSett Capital | Giannone Petricone

Agreed. Despite being keenly interested in this block I'm confused about what is what. Sometimes it seems like the same project is confused as two projects. It might make sense to treat the entire Bay, Yonge, Bloor, Yorkville 2 blocks as a single project because from the perspective of most of us it will appear that way. I wouldn't be surprised if the city planning dept is basically considering it that way.

Is anyone able to list the proposed towers within this 2 blocks? There's Oxford, 50 Bloor W, 80 Bloor West, Yorkville garage, 1 Yorkville maybe more.

a bunch listed here http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=1be452cc66061410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD

I'm not sure if this is the case for this project, but one factor may be that the planning department is understaffed by 65 people, althought I think they they got approval to fill a lot of positions this year.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is the case for this project, but one factor may be that the planning department is understaffed by 65 people, although I think they they got approval to fill a lot of positions this year.

AFAIK, if the 2014 budget passes as is proposed, then they will be able to start hiring.

For those confused by what's proposed for all of these projects on these blocks, including Cumberland Terrace, 50 Bloor West, etc., you just have to keep up with front page stories we run on them. We've explained it pretty thoroughly. You can find them by clicking on the dataBase links on the top of each thread page. When the dataBase page opens, go to the bottom of those pages where the links to all the articles are, the newest at the top of the list. For this project, try this story for the latest, and click on the links within that story for earlier proposals.

Yeah - I'd be surprised if Mr Micallef didn't know about development plans for this site - even though the link is from an old proposal

I believe he is the editor/owner of Spacing magazine as well

Mr. Micallef is an editor for Spacing. Matt Blackett is the publisher/creative director.

From the DRP meeting – March 18, 2014..... ..http://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Toro...sign/Files/pdf/DRP/DRP Minutes March 2014.pdf

2 Bloor Street West
architectsAlliance
Oxford Properties
Pre Site Plan
2 towers – 28 and 50 storeys

Positives
- this proposal benefits from a pre-existing OMB
approval
- the tower is fairly compact, and within the tall
building guidelines
- the architecture is simple and elegant
- it displays a good attempt to encourage northsouth
permeation at ground level
- the 3-storey building on Cumberland is
appreciated

ha1mqRz.jpg

What is happening in this north west quadrant of Yonge and Bloor is confusing. Is the current office tower at 2 Bloot west staying or going? There seem to be so many different developments in this area.

The structural scheme definitely resembled Foster's Hearst Tower in NYC

2-hearst-tower.jpg

hearst-comp-02.jpg

AoD

Attachments

• 2-hearst-tower.jpg
    2-hearst-tower.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,082
  • hearst-comp-02.jpg
    hearst-comp-02.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,161

Back