Toronto Cube Lofts | ?m | 6s | Neilas | RAW Design

I live at College and Ossignton, and while I'd agree the intersection is a bit gritty it's a far cry from ghetto. And I do walk around it almost every night and I have to say you're way off with you comment about it being void of street life and creepy. NBlox is a block and a half east of Ossignton and is arguably at the starting point of Little Italy's west end. It's less then a minute walk to more amenities and services then one could hope for.

I realize there could be a number of reasons for it but have a look at all the foot traffic in this image. The green box being N-Blox.

870418272_98113f6565_o.jpg

hmm maybe i am wrong? I'll have to take a tour of the area--admittedly haven't been on college st in about 1 year.

But instead of knocking down a decent old building (peter freed and many other developers do this all the time) why not move the building a few feet east onto the shopping plaza's huge parking lot? (Yeah I know about the history of that place.) However, at that location the prices were too much--essentially there's a reason it didn't sell.

Does anyone else notice that in the picture, a truck appears to be leaving the large lot, and heading the wrong way down a one-way street?

I got to go down and check, but is Shaw strictly one way southbound, or would it have a two-way "service stub" south of College?

I think the truck is manouvering itself so it can back in to the loading docks at the bottom of the photo. Getting the big tractor-trailers into the downtown grocery stores can be quite a challenge, they just weren't designed for tight urban settings.

I think this is an interesting project so I certainly wish it well. The price however is a little steep given you could buy a 4-5 bedroom house in the neighbourhood with a few hundred thousand to spare to fix it up how you like for the same dollar value.

But instead of knocking down a decent old building (peter freed and many other developers do this all the time) why not move the building a few feet east onto the shopping plaza's huge parking lot? (Yeah I know about the history of that place.) However, at that location the prices were too much--essentially there's a reason it didn't sell.

The proponent doesn't own the shopping plaza - they own the lot where the project was proposed. One must own the property they are developing, they can't look at a location a few lots down and decide that location would be easier to develop.

^ I never understood the "why don't they build this somewhere else" comments. Developers build on the lots they own, not the parking lot across the street or the site on the waterfront or the great spot at the other end of the city.

^ I never understood the "why don't they build this somewhere else" comments. Developers build on the lots they own, not the parking lot across the street or the site on the waterfront or the great spot at the other end of the city.

bravo, lol. i never thought they had a pick of the litter either, they just develop where they can and want.

OK, so a friend of a friend of a friend knows the two brothers who are developing this project and indeed it is in trouble in its current state. They just haven't had any luck selling the units. It's too steep for this part of town. Therefore, the project will be re-launced at some point (hopefully soon), but don't count on the same looking building is what I hear.

Vexation.

Actually I think the location is not that much of a stretch but they are probably jumping the gun a little on timing. Development is also about timing timing timing.

Back