Toronto Cube Lofts | ?m | 6s | Neilas | RAW Design

Yes.

The mind races.

I'm hoping N-Blox will now be built atop the Star of Downtown. It won't really improve upon the Star (there's no doing that), but it would make for a nice conversation piece for St. Jamestown residents out on their balconies.

If it can only be in Toronto by moving somewhere else rather than never being built at all if it stays on College - let them move. Being more realistic on the price for this area would be an unlikely scenario for this one.

Just saw them putting up the Cube Lofts sign at the N-Blox location. It also had the Brad Lamb logo stating he is the sole Realtor for the development. Since this is the case I have high hopes this will sell out soon.

It didn't attract buyers. Priced too high maybe?

You can't; the old "hot" design had huge spaces, cantilevered design features (more complex and more expensive to build), an expensive rear courtyard (valuable density) and much more bling that just didn't work at that location. For a while, I was thinking maybe King West could handle such a building; but now I've come to the conclusion King West is just "mainstream" hipsters. The real appreciaters of bold design are found in private builds in forest hill, etc. Thus, N-Blox around Avenue Rd+Eglinton I could see being successful.

You can't; the old "hot" design had huge spaces, cantilevered design features (more complex and more expensive to build), an expensive rear courtyard (valuable density) and much more bling that just didn't work at that location. For a while, I was thinking maybe King West could handle such a building; but now I've come to the conclusion King West is just "mainstream" hipsters. The real appreciaters of bold design are found in private builds in forest hill, etc. Thus, N-Blox around Avenue Rd+Eglinton I could see being successful.

In that case you can fill in all the loose ends and get this thing built in it's original form in that area of town. All of Toronto is counting on you.

November 4th:

cubevv0.jpg

well the developers learnt an important lesson: don't paint your sales centre a gloomy black colour unless you want to attract goths and the dead or amish! N(oir)-Blox becomes pure positive energy.

So how's it selling? I might step into the sales centre sometime--but it's always closed when i walk by@5AM:(

Back