Toronto CrystalBlu Condos | ?m | 36s | Bazis | Burka

Has anyone else who lives/works or frequents this area noticed that what little blue there was on the building has completely turned to grey? I've shaken my head a few times trying to accurately discern if my eyes are playing tricks on me, if it's the brightness on days that I pass by or if it has truly lost it's colour.

I I pass this building on my way home some days and I've never noticed it to be particularly blue, either. More grey than anything.

On a related note, both Uptown and Crystal Blue are very dark at night, especially the top halves of the buildings. Problem renting out/selling?

It had a little bit of blu in the panels, though not much, but I don't see it anymore under different lighting conditions during the day.

I've seen a few lights on around the 2/3 mark of Uptown, I think the top half is moving in now. Last I looked there were a few units still available in Uptown, Crystal Blu is pretty much sold except a couple of PH & subPH units I believe.

If you name your condo after not just a colour, but a shimmering, crystal version of that colour, you should make damn sure that the exterior lives up to the name. It just looks stupid now to call this building Crystal Blu. That Tridel building at Eglinton/DVP is much more crystal blue than Crystal Blu ever will be.

If you name your condo after not just a colour, but a shimmering, crystal version of that colour, you should make damn sure that the exterior lives up to the name. It just looks stupid now to call this building Crystal Blu. That Tridel building at Eglinton/DVP is much more crystal blue than Crystal Blu ever will be.

the tridel building is more "crystal deep sea blue" than anything!

the tridel building is more "crystal deep sea blue" than anything!

I passed it on the DVP Saturday on my way up north and that's what finally prompted me wonder if CB had faded. It's just an OK building but it sure would have been nice if Crystal Blu had such cladding giving the area a nice slim building with some great colour, as is it's really become Crystal Grey.

"Crystal Blu". "Dusty Sky". "Dusty Rose". And nearby, another condo named "Tiffany Terrace". Hey, the Brass Rail's in the neighbourhood--explains everything

Recently inducted into the spandrel wall of shame;

6274958323_c8caab94ab_z.jpg

Last edited:
Mortar fire at street level reveals that there is indeed a shiney blue crystal building beneath it's ugly grey panelling. I would be very interested to know what the lobby and interiors look like.

More like wall of shame. Fitting that two of the worst products of the current construction boom are paired up together. The ugly couple, indeed.

Last edited:
Mortar fire at street level reveals that there is indeed a shiney blue crystal building beneath it's ugly grey panelling. I would be very interested to know what the lobby and interiors look like.

It's lovely inside (my cousin is moving there soon). Only five suites per floor and 10 foot ceilings. The lobby at 35 Balmuto St 'The Uptown' is bigger and better though. Here's a look at some suite interiors (this site has pretty much every condo in TO):

http://nopressure.ca/condo-video-tours/yonge-bloor/balmuto-st/

Last edited:
Yes, that's true. I actually don't automatically dread their use, but when a building is half covered in them, like CrystalBlu, chances are it will be a disaster. But point taken, it would have made more sense to say that CBlu's on the 'wall of shame' since Aura would be in a 'hall of fame' if there was one, for spandrels.

Last edited:

Back