News   Jul 16, 2024
 683     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 604     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 745     2 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I think the next question is (not if, but) when they will proceed with Phase 2 (to the airport). It's part of the Big Move under the 15-year plan, so that's giving it by 2021.

I think that will wait until the municipal election. Tory has something in mind for that western corridor, so that may still be up in the air. But yes, it is pretty much a given that we will have rapid transit on the majority of Eglinton.

I think the next question is (not if, but) when they will proceed with Phase 2 (to the airport). It's part of the Big Move under the 15-year plan, so that's giving it by 2021.

The other question worth asking is:

Will Metrolinx (majority Liberal) cave to local councillors demands? I could understand a minority government caving to local councillors silly requests like the Leslie stop but now they have a majority. They might (hopefully) revert to the original Leslie plan and just ignore those councillors determined to hijack that line.

The other question worth asking is:

Will Metrolinx (majority Liberal) cave to local councillors demands? I could understand a minority government caving to local councillors silly requests like the Leslie stop but now they have a majority. They might (hopefully) revert to the original Leslie plan and just ignore those councillors determined to hijack that line.

The launch shaft has already begun construction between Brentcliffe and Leslie. I don't think the election results affects this, but even if it did it's too late.

The original Big Move was in 2008, so 15 years would have given them until 2023. However it's still in the 15-year plan of the 2013 revision, so that's 2028 ... (funny how that works!).

There should be no doubt left that there will be a new transit line on Eglinton after tonight :)

I think that will wait until the municipal election. Tory has something in mind for that western corridor, so that may still be up in the air. But yes, it is pretty much a given that we will have rapid transit on the majority of Eglinton.

I'm really excited for eglinton guys. It's nice to know Eglinton west will definitely get something by 2030 at least

The launch shaft has already begun construction between Brentcliffe and Leslie. I don't think the election results affects this, but even if it did it's too late.

they can do a rough in if it comes to that.

An underground Leslie Station is useless, even an above ground station is useless. I can see Metrolinx having the LRT at grade skipping Leslie with no left turns allowed so that the train can just travel at full speed to Don Mills.

TTC had planned for buses serving Leslie to get passengers to Laird or Don Mills.

An underground Leslie Station is useless, even an above ground station is useless. I can see Metrolinx having the LRT at grade skipping Leslie with no left turns allowed so that the train can just travel at full speed to Don Mills.

TTC had planned for buses serving Leslie to get passengers to Laird or Don Mills.
Agreed. 100 percent. I wounder if you can't just cut Leslie altogether quietly though.

No left turn from Leslie SB to Eglinton EB. No left turn from Eglinton EB to Leslie NB.
A multi-level interchange has a better chance of being approved.

Agreed. 100 percent. I wounder if you can't just cut Leslie altogether quietly though.

There was considerable objection from local citizens on this issue IIRC, so it's not 'councillors hijacking the line'.

That's Metrolinx listening to input from local consultation, and I fail to see how it will be major impediment from the Crosstown's overall operation. I don't think they would have gone ahead with accepting it if it was a truly bad idea.

Isn't that provincial riding a guaranteed seat for the Liberals anyways? That's one stop where Metrolinx would tell council to piss off with 0% chance of repercussion

It's probably the best test to see if Metrolinx can grow a real back-bone with Wynne's blessing.

There was considerable objection from local citizens on this issue IIRC, so it's not 'councillors hijacking the line'.

That's Metrolinx listening to input from local consultation, and I fail to see how it will be major impediment from the Crosstown's overall operation. I don't think they would have gone ahead with accepting it if it was a truly bad idea.

Yes this issue has very little relation to the provincial election, and the decision has been made and construction is happening. Metrolinx is somewhat (theoretically) an independent organization, it's not like the provincial legislature will suddenly have a vote on whether to keep each stop on the Crosstown.

Yes this issue has very little relation to the provincial election, and the decision has been made and construction is happening. Metrolinx is somewhat (theoretically) an independent organization, it's not like the provincial legislature will suddenly have a vote on whether to keep each stop on the Crosstown.

They might grow a back bone since they must have been told by the liberals to be more accommodating since they were a minority. Now, that they're a majority, Metrolinx might feels that they can proceed according to their plan

Back