News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 372     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

It's kind of depressing seeing this sight while walking to work daily. It seems like the workers just got up and abandoned the site. The crane has been sitting st the same spot untouched for the last week. I spotted 3 workers around the superstore (9am) just slacking around over coffee, probably chatting about hockey.

The 2 towers next door which started after this got going are rapidly catching up and will surpass this if this keeps up. It seems like theres no incentive, no sense of urgency to work hard to complete this. Shame

View attachment 180863

It's kind of depressing seeing this sight while walking to work daily. It seems like the workers just got up and abandoned the site. The crane has been sitting st the same spot untouched for the last week. I spotted 3 workers around the superstore (9am) just slacking around over coffee, probably chatting about hockey.

The 2 towers next door which started after this got going are rapidly catching up and will surpass this if this keeps up. It seems like theres no incentive, no sense of urgency to work hard to complete this. Shame

I wonder if has to do with the recent focus on work between Kennedy and O'Conner. They have been building the guideway and installing tracks recently in that section. Priorities may have shifted.

I wonder if has to do with the recent focus on work between Kennedy and O'Conner. They have been building the guideway and installing tracks recently in that section. Priorities may have shifted.
There's a much simpler explanation. If they recently poured concrete for the wall forms, they can't do any work that could disturb the setting concrete and cause it to set improperly. It may take up to 3 weeks depending on the weather before the concrete is cured enough for work to resume.

There's a much simpler explanation. If they recently poured concrete for the wall forms, they can't do any work that could disturb the setting concrete and cause it to set improperly. It may take up to 3 weeks depending on the weather before the concrete is cured enough for work to resume.

Hows the forming different from the condos next door? They pour a floor a week without any stopping. The gf walls over there are probably 10x more under pressure than what these station walls will endure. How about concurrent activity then. No predatory work for the next phase of construction. Theres literally NOONE there to even do any site maintenance during peak hours.

Honest question here:
I just walked past the science center northern access portal site by the super center and ZERO workers were present.
All I could see were a trickle working on the main tunnel. Its quite disappointing to see and explains why its taking so long to do this.
Are they that short of skilled/unskilled labourers that they have to ration off work like this?

Considering that they have multiple station excavations proceeding at about the same stage of work, I wouldn't be worried. Their plan may call for something to be done elsewhere that is more critical to the overall schedule than this station.

It would be more worrisome if they had people on site but not much was happening. You can eat up your budget real quick if you have people sitting around.

- Paul

Hows the forming different from the condos next door? They pour a floor a week without any stopping. The gf walls over there are probably 10x more under pressure than what these station walls will endure. How about concurrent activity then. No predatory work for the next phase of construction. Theres literally NOONE there to even do any site maintenance during peak hours.

There's a huge difference between building a station box that will be below a roadway intersection and building a condo. The weight and forces are more predictable in a condo than for the station box. Even then, pouring 1 floor a week is entirely timed around concrete curing time.

Back