News   Jul 16, 2024
 262     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 383     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Very little traffic, wide and well-paved street, somewhat picturesque between the fancy houses and cars and mature trees.

The hill has a relatively smooth change of elevation. I have much more trouble going up Yonge Street between Summerhill and Davisville than on Russell Hill personally.
Parts of Russel Hill Road are where Castle Frank Brook used to flow.

I'm still not convinced that adding bike lanes to every street will encourage pole to ride bikes everywhere in the city. Short distances maybe but I don't see someone commuting to an office downtown on one.
I used to commute from Bloor Station to Finch Station because I preferred to get exercise to sitting on a crowded train. It only took me 10 mins longer than the subway.

Anyone else see this image in the Sept 26 release on the Crosstown LRT and Kennedy Station? This will be an intermodal station between the LRT, Subway, GO RER, buses and whatever replaces the existing SRT. That sea of parking spaces is disheartening.

upload_2017-10-2_10-28-49.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-2_10-28-49.png
    upload_2017-10-2_10-28-49.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 435
Anyone else see this image in the Sept 26 release on the Crosstown LRT and Kennedy Station? This will be an intermodal station between the LRT, Subway, GO RER, buses and whatever replaces the existing SRT. That sea of parking spaces is disheartening.

View attachment 123045
I was just in the area the other day with someone who commented that it was as if we were in another country. We are typically from the west end of Toronto although I grew up in this area. These parking lots are the reason I moved away. Apparently Scarborough wants to put all its development around STC no matter how much transit is in other areas.

View attachment 123045
Did you expect there to be a parking structure instead? I don’t find parking lots to be that disheartening, as they can be develop at a later date.

Did you expect there to be a parking structure instead? I don’t find parking lots to be that disheartening, as they can be develop at a later date.
whats disheartening is that these lots have not been developed during the last 10 years which is arguably Torontos biggest building boom. If no one wants to build here during a boom what will happen if housing demands decrease.

whats disheartening is that these lots have not been developed during the last 10 years which is arguably Torontos biggest building boom. If no one wants to build here during a boom what will happen if housing demands decrease.

We all know Scarborough has been neglected by developers (lowest land value, etc.). Hopefully with the new transit lines there will be some new investment. These parking lots could become condos.

View attachment 123045
What are they showing here?
Before the subway is built and SRT is still in service?

View attachment 123045

I cannot even spot a difference between this render and today

and extra parking where the old Canda Post building was. What did people expect bike parking?

I expected bicycle stations, high density condos, high density office buildings, wide sidewalks (oh the horror!), street front stores, separated bicycle lanes, and reserved bus right-of-ways. And, oh yes, pay for parking in the suburbs.

Back