News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 537     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

The two most complex stations are Cedarvale and Eglinton. Even if they wanted to open the line sooner, those two stations will be completed last. The action stops at Cedarvale until it is complete if you want to open in phases. When you consider the (huge) re-alignment of the bus network that accompanies opening a whole new (gasp) subway line, a phased implementation becomes a bit of a nightmare without the key stations like Cedarvale and Eglinton.

Say for argument's sake there is a crossover to the west of Oakwood (so at least you can reverse the LRT) and you're going to open the line to from Mount Dennis to Oakwood. What the hell do thousands of eastbound passengers do at Oakwood to keep going east? This is an idea that probably sounds good to transit wonks and like a nightmare to people who actually run a transit system.

The two most complex stations are Cedarvale and Eglinton. Even if they wanted to open the line sooner, those two stations will be completed last. The action stops at Cedarvale until it is complete if you want to open in phases. When you consider the (huge) re-alignment of the bus network that accompanies opening a whole new (gasp) subway line, a phased implementation becomes a bit of a nightmare without the key stations like Cedarvale and Eglinton.

Say for argument's sake there is a crossover to the west of Oakwood (so at least you can reverse the LRT) and you're going to open the line to from Mount Dennis to Oakwood. What the hell do thousands of eastbound passengers do at Oakwood to keep going east? This is an idea that probably sounds good to transit wonks and like a nightmare to people who actually run a transit system.

Agreed. A minimum initial operating segment would need to be at least Mt. Dennis to Cedarvale. The Eglinton East buses would likely just be extended to Cedarvale to make the connection, instead of terminating at Yonge. It would basically be the old Eglinton West Subway proposal.

There would be a few tail-tracks or sidings along the underground portion on Line 5 Crosstown LRT. That is a third set of tracks, like between Ossington & Christie and Broadview & Chester on Line 2.

Did they back up the ATM's to tunnel the third tracks on the Crosstown? Where would the final locations be for tail-tracks be located, since some changes would have been made deviating from the initial EA recommendations?

I can hardly contain my excitement over here
tbmjuly29.JPG

Attachments

• tbmjuly29.JPG
    tbmjuly29.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 869
I wonder if someone could be persuaded to mount a webcam over the Eglinton-Yonge excavation. It's going to be an interesting dig, and we'll need some visual soothing now that the tracker is no longer going to tell us how it's going. Can't wait for all the above-ground photographs similar to the K-W thread, when construction gets going on the at-grade portions.

- Paul

I can hardly contain my excitement over here
View attachment 82340

I͓͚͎̱̳̗ ̮͚C̤͜A̺Ń̙͚̗̦̠ ̝̦̭̠̞HA͚̯͈̫̦R̮̲̯DL̫̞͚̯̖͙Y̨ͅ ̜̮̼͈ć͉̪̠̱o̼̘̖n̼̫̥̤̙t͏͙a͖̟̯̪̳̯i̷̘̗͎͕̝n̵̠͉̦͕̩͎ M͔͈̫̜Y̫̤͇̙̱͝ͅ ̰̠̘̮̻̬EX̟̤͕̫̰̪̘C̖̼͖̳̠͙͕I͓̹͎̰̟T̬̪E͔̲̣̲̖͚͈M͓̖̞͇̥̺E͢N̵̲͎T̲̗.͔̼̰
̨̼̬͍̖̺̠͈
̦̼̹͔̼̹̝̀
͍̥̪͍̰̟T̳͓͓͍̰͉͔H̞̪̝̟͎͈̦E͍̞͈̳̱̗͞R͉̬̻̰̘͝E͏͇̗̯͕S͕̙͙͞ A̬ ͍̩͓̺̙S͡U͈̖̲̩̭B̹W̩̤͚̙A̗Y̶̘̞̗̗͎ ͖̱͓ON̻͎̳̤̥͠ ̶E̢̞͈G̗͙̮͍͚͡LIͅN̥͡T̵̝̲̲͇̤O̸N̜̼̦͈͢
͔̮̻
͘w̸̦̙̹̪̼̺h̬̞̗̘̟̺́a̹͝ͅt̺̯͎̯̙͉ ̭̝̞̬̞̦͡a̞͉̹̱͠ ́t̴͇̞ͅi̠m̖̝͓͉̥̟e̛̞̠͎̪ ̠̹͇̞t̖̝͖̖̙̼o̸̩͕ ̳b͓̬̜̦͕e̙ ͓͝a̹͖̘l̗̖͟iv͏͉̪͔̭̞̖è̫̣̦ͅ!͉̣̱̪̺̬!̳̹̱͍̘!͍̲̀!̻̮̼̜̤͇̺̕!̡͈͉̮̟̼͚͖!̤͎!͎͇̫͈̠̻͈̕

I͓͚͎̱̳̗ ̮͚C̤͜A̺Ń̙͚̗̦̠ ̝̦̭̠̞HA͚̯͈̫̦R̮̲̯DL̫̞͚̯̖͙Y̨ͅ ̜̮̼͈ć͉̪̠̱o̼̘̖n̼̫̥̤̙t͏͙a͖̟̯̪̳̯i̷̘̗͎͕̝n̵̠͉̦͕̩͎ M͔͈̫̜Y̫̤͇̙̱͝ͅ ̰̠̘̮̻̬EX̟̤͕̫̰̪̘C̖̼͖̳̠͙͕I͓̹͎̰̟T̬̪E͔̲̣̲̖͚͈M͓̖̞͇̥̺E͢N̵̲͎T̲̗.͔̼̰
̨̼̬͍̖̺̠͈
̦̼̹͔̼̹̝̀
͍̥̪͍̰̟T̳͓͓͍̰͉͔H̞̪̝̟͎͈̦E͍̞͈̳̱̗͞R͉̬̻̰̘͝E͏͇̗̯͕S͕̙͙͞ A̬ ͍̩͓̺̙S͡U͈̖̲̩̭B̹W̩̤͚̙A̗Y̶̘̞̗̗͎ ͖̱͓ON̻͎̳̤̥͠ ̶E̢̞͈G̗͙̮͍͚͡LIͅN̥͡T̵̝̲̲͇̤O̸N̜̼̦͈͢
͔̮̻
͘w̸̦̙̹̪̼̺h̬̞̗̘̟̺́a̹͝ͅt̺̯͎̯̙͉ ̭̝̞̬̞̦͡a̞͉̹̱͠ ́t̴͇̞ͅi̠m̖̝͓͉̥̟e̛̞̠͎̪ ̠̹͇̞t̖̝͖̖̙̼o̸̩͕ ̳b͓̬̜̦͕e̙ ͓͝a̹͖̘l̗̖͟iv͏͉̪͔̭̞̖è̫̣̦ͅ!͉̣̱̪̺̬!̳̹̱͍̘!͍̲̀!̻̮̼̜̤͇̺̕!̡͈͉̮̟̼͚͖!̤͎!͎͇̫͈̠̻͈̕

You mean a SUPER-streetcar :rolleyes:

̨̼̬͍̖̺̠͈
̦̼̹͔̼̹̝̀
͔̮̻

What the--??

The buildings that used to exist on the southwest corner of Bathurst Station have suddenly and mysteriously disappeared. Looks like the Crosstown has taken its latest victim.

The buildings that used to exist on the southwest corner of Bathurst Station have suddenly and mysteriously disappeared. Looks like the Crosstown has taken its latest victim.

Victim may be a tad dramatic. I have seen nothing scheduled for demolition that I could conceive of missing. Not even the McDonalds at Bayview and Eglinton which was patronized after many movies at Yonge and Eg.

The church at the south east corner of Eglinton-Yonge has disappeared to facilitate construction of Eglinton Station. The church will be rebuilt upon completion of the Line 5 project, and will also serve as an emergency exit from the station. We're full speed ahead on station construction.

Back