News   Jun 28, 2024
 4.1K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 663     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

who actually goes to the airport to park and take a flight? I would have thought taxi (now uber), family member gives a lift, of course now UP and crosstown west. But to go to the airport one would preferably like to be on grade separated transit.

1. In the days before UPX, at $28 per day, the breakeven parking to taxi/limo parking stay was 3 to 4 days from my home. If the plane left at some ungodly early hour or came home late, I was taxiing it. In rush hour, that was a crap shoot with the traffic. Now, all those trips are UPX for me.

2. I don't know here who has been on a 192 Airport rocket, but on some trips 1/3 of the bus is clearly flight crew staff.

3. UPX is great if you live downtown, but a bit out of the way, so if you live on Line 2 - you still have to schlepp your bag from Dundas West to Bloor while Metrolinx farts and fiddles their way through that connection. I have (mostly) female colleagues and they aren't willing to travel in business attire (heals) and climb steps and carry bags.

4. My midtown colleagues at Bathurst/Eglinton and Oakwood/Eglinton can see themselves taking ECLRT West to the airport because even UPX now means a trip east and then a trip south to Union station. they still cab or Uber.

If you're going to work as an employee at GTAA, or going by yourself to use the heavier than air machines, it would be cheaper to use the LRT at $2.90 than parking at the terminal.
Current prices.
Employees have their own lot and park for substantially cheaper.

The final push:
redpath.JPG

Attachments

• redpath.JPG
    redpath.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 478
2 things from the last few posts:
-I guarantee by the time crosstown west is built it will be much more than $2.90. In fact I wont be surprised if its fare by distance or something in between but for sure not that price
-Where are they at now with digging the extraction shaft? Anyone been around there lately?

I live at eglinton west and would use the lrt to get to the airport and my wife would use it in her commute to her rexdale/kipling office.

well i drove along the stretch Eglinton and Kipling and saw the construction of those town homes along Eglinton just east of Kipling. i don't see how the city and Metrolinx can say they have enough room for the LRT and still leave 2 lanes of car lanes in both direction. And of course there has to be room for the LRT to go in the opposite direction (east) also. I just do not understanng

Back when the properties were for sale by Build Toronto, you could clearly see on the lot plans the boundary of the property/roadway referencing an allowance for "LRT RoW".

I live at eglinton west and would use the lrt to get to the airport and my wife would use it in her commute to her rexdale/kipling office.
Imagine a world where getting to Rexdale/Kipling could be done by taking the Eglinton LRT to Mt. Dennis, and then the Kitchener Line to Etobicoke North GO station.

Imagine a world where getting to Rexdale/Kipling could be done by taking the Eglinton LRT to Mt. Dennis, and then the Kitchener Line to Etobicoke North GO station.
I do but the frequencies in comparison to TTC would suck and likely require a premium fare. Now if the drl west was using this same path we would be talking

2 things from the last few posts:
-I guarantee by the time crosstown west is built it will be much more than $2.90. In fact I wont be surprised if its fare by distance or something in between but for sure not that price
-Where are they at now with digging the extraction shaft? Anyone been around there lately?
then you would also need to change price structure for the rest of the TTC

I don't know how far down they are, as it is currently covered, but I walked by last week. The North lanes of Eglinton have been dug out and decked over with planks, so they are definitely working away under there. The South lanes are currently closed off and I assume will be decked over once they get deep enough to do so.

What will the signage for the Crosstown be like?

Will it be "LRT"?
TTC2_final.jpg

Or the name of the station?
subwaysign.jpeg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpeg

I can barely make out the Line colour, "yellow" for Line 1 and "purple" for Line 4.

I think they should have the Line number(s) in the white section (IE
line_one.png
line_four.png
) and the station name(s) in the black section.

Since the SRT will likely be still in existence when the Crosstown opens, the line number could end as a "5". Followed by "6" for Finch West LRT. Maybe "3" will eventually be given to the DRL.

Last edited:
What will the signage for the Crosstown be like?

Will it be "LRT"?

Or the name of the station?

I can barely make out the Line colour, "yellow" for Line 1 and "purple" for Line 4.

I think they should have the Line number(s) in the white section (IE
line_one.png
line_four.png
) and the station name(s) in the black section.

Since the SRT will likely be still in existence when the Crosstown opens, the line number could end as a "5". Followed by "6" for Finch West LRT. Maybe "3" will eventually be given to the DRL.

I bet it looks a lot like this:

https://ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Commis...Routes_in_Eglinton_Corridor_for_Line_5_Ra.pdf

Notice in the map on page 5 that the third intermodal on the line - Mount Dennis - is missing the circular cross-hatch and the "GO" that identifies Caledonia and Kennedy. Oddly, the UP is missing from Mount Dennis too. I suppose all those bus route numbers didn't leave any space. :)

Conclusion. Orange. Five. No LRT. I think it's a done deal.

How deep are they at this point? I went outside my office to see if I felt anything, but there was no vibration.

Back