News   May 01, 2024
 152     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 260     0 
News   Apr 30, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

OK, but that's a common turn of phrase when people are stating things that are incorrect. It's not a big deal. You're still getting way too worked up about that. You've made 5 posts in a row about it.

Say "I misunderstood. I should have done my homework." and just move on.

OK, but that's a common turn of phrase when people are stating things that are incorrect.

There's a huge difference between "what you said is not true" and "you're making things up". One is pointing out an inaccuracy, the other is a making an accusation. People point out inaccuracies on UT all the time. When they've done so in the past, I've never had any issue with it whatsoever. But the reason this bothered me so much was because the was also an accusation about my intent. I can't recall ever having someone here accuse me of lying, or "making things up", before @Adjei just did.

I watched the meeting. They mentioned in bringing in outside consultants to develop a way to name stations in the region but that was not the specific reason they were brought in.

So in other words, my statement was accurate:

"In the board meeting they mentioned that they hired consultants out of London (UK) to tell them how to name the station."

Note that I mentioned that this was the statement of Metrolinx staff (so the statement was not my own thoughts on the matter). Everything after that statement was prefixed by "I assume". Like I said previously, I was only sharing what I recall hearing in the meeting. Your account of the meeting appears to be fully congruent with mine. Nothing was made up.

Say "I misunderstood. I should have done my homework." and just move on.

And I admitted I misunderstood. I just don't want people thinking I'm on this forum trying to mislead them.

Anyways, moving on... I made my point.

Last edited:
One thing I found interesting after watching the Metrolinx board meeting was they justified having weather protection at the stops for the Finch LRT because they said the suburban nature of Finch while Eglinton is more urban hence it doesn't require weather protection. Last I checked the surface stops in Scarborough on Eglinton are as suburban as Finch but they don't have weather protection from the elements at the stops...What gives..

I suspect the real answer is that Eglinton has already been tendered, while Finch West hasn't.

Yeah I was thinking that. Maybe by the time they decided it was something that should be added it was too late. Big oversight though.

Or calling it Keele as thats the names south of Eglinton and Keele north makes that turn (and for some reason that small section is called Gore or something like which makes no sense) and then intersects Trethewey as it curves again. The name Tretheway should end at the point Keele hits it. Trethewey conjures up murder, drugs, etc. When you hear Trethewey in the news its never good
Actually, the small street is called "Yore" not "Gore."

Are the Finch LRT stations going to have weird names as well?

Maybe. Depends on if the board sticks to the naming scheme recommendations. The original plan by Metrolinx staff was to apply the whacky naming system to all new lines, but that has to be approved by the board. We'll have a clearer picture in the new year.

Last edited:
They didn't put up a poll, but they did ask 'the public'. That's where some of the revised station names came from.
https://www.metrolinxengage.com/en/engagement-initiatives/eglinton-crosstown-lrt-station-names
https://www.metrolinxengage.com/en/...s/eglinton-crosstown-lrt-station-names-part-2

One of the comments re Sunnybrook Park came from John Parker, I assume the former councillor.

Also the 'support' for 'Leaside' station broke down as follows:

Strongly like - 46 votes
Like - 22 votes
Neutral - 10 votes
Dislike - 30 votes
Strongly dislike - 33 votes

Total votes = 141
Like 68
Dislike 63
Even though they asked the public, the polls that were shown on this forum showed the majority of people did not like the station names Metrolinx was looking at yet they still chose them and those are the names being considered. So basically it did not matter what the public thought.

Even though they asked the public, the polls that were shown on this forum showed the majority of people did not like the station names Metrolinx was looking at yet they still chose them and those are the names being considered. So basically it did not matter what the public thought.

ML listed to some of the feedback, but ignore others. I'm sure the feedback played a role in the decision making process, but Metrolinx staff were going to pick whatever they wanted.

Anyways the Metrolinx Board complained that the names were too local in nature, meaning that the names didn't mean much for people who didn't live in those neighbourhoods. The next round of evaluations should have more recognizable names (Bathurst North, maybe?)

Does anyone know if all the station names are being reevaluated, or is it only the ones the Board brought up in the meeting?

Back