News   Jul 23, 2024
 159     2 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 370     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 415     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

What about the station construction on Keele north of Finch, is that a disaster? Its for the Finch West Subway station. Oh wait!! Subway? Oh, for a subway it isn't a disaster because it is a subway, if it was for a station on a LRT then its a disaster. Is that right?

That 2nd photo is incredible.

It absolutely is not the end of the world, even with Don Mills capacity is expected to be 1/3rd of maximum capacity on the surface portion.

Lawrence East buses will be interchanging at Laird anyway, as they run down Leslie. Don Mills will service the Don Mills bus only.

You must be talking about Leslie...

Anyways the fact is we will have a major transit expansion with the Eglinton line with 10km of tunnels and 10km surface ROW and our RT map will look get a long orange line added.

People who claim that the one traffic light at Leslie "ruins the whole line" are being over-dramatic in my opinion, but whatever we'll see in 6-7 years.

Of course, one traffic light will not ruin the line. After all, subway tunnels have traffic signals, and occasionally those signals break, causing significant delays. Nobody says that subway signals ruin subway lines.

But the concern is that the street-median section between the Laird portal and Don Mills portal will preclude running additional trains between Yonge and Don Mills, to deal with riders transferring from Lawrence East, Don Mills, and 100 Flemmington buses.

It is not end of the world; in the worst case, TTC will resume running 54 Lawrence East buses to Yonge instead of terminating them at Don Mills. But that would look rather silly, given that those 2.5 km between the two portals could be grade-separated for little or no extra cost.

It absolutely is not the end of the world, even with Don Mills capacity is expected to be 1/3rd of maximum capacity on the surface portion.

Lawrence East buses will be interchanging at Laird anyway, as they run down Leslie. Don Mills will service the Don Mills bus only.

http://leasidelifenews.com/lrt-goes-back-underground-in-leaside/

It's not the end of the world but an unnecessary cost.

its always been like that has it not? the Lawrence buses run down Leslie, and connect to Laird.
I was under the impression they'd run down Leslie and then east on Eglinton to Don Mills, or bypass Leslie and go down Don Mills to Eglinton, hence the big bus terminal planned for there. Is there even a bus terminal planed for Laird?

its always been like that has it not? the Lawrence buses run down Leslie, and connect to Laird.

The common statement was always that Eglinton would lose no general traffic lanes, only HOV lanes, but all buses would be removed because of the LRT, so there would be no negatives. I guess this was another lie.

The common statement was always that Eglinton would lose no general traffic lanes, only HOV lanes, but all buses would be removed because of the LRT, so there would be no negatives. I guess this was another lie.

Buses going between Leslie and Laird is hardly a problem. Traffic should be moving there quickly always.

Currently the Lawrence-Donway (162) bus runs from Lawrence station, down Lawrence East to Donway (jogging a bit at Bayview). The Lawrence East (54) bus runs from Eglinton station, up Leslie, and then along Lawrence East past Lawrence East station and past Port Union Road. The Leslie bus (51) runs from Eglinton station, along Eglinton, and then up Leslie. And the Leaside (56) bus runs from Eglinton station, east on Eglinton, down Laird and Donlands to Donlands station. (and there's the 34 Eglinton East and 100 Flemingdon Park)

Presumably the Lawrence-Donway bus stays the same. I believe the talk was the that the 51 Leslie and 56 Leaside get merged to a single route, south on Leslie, along Eglinton, and then south on Laird. Presumably the 54 Lawrence East will go down Don Mills Road to Don Mills Station, with Lawrence East to the west of Don Mills Road served by the 162. I'd also assume that the Flemingdon Park bus would also terminate at Don Mills Road (running between there and Broadview station).

Back