News   Jul 17, 2024
 240     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 658     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1K     2 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

That tunnel is LONG. You'd think that once they hit the unpaved segment going into the tunnel they'd reverse or at least stop the vehicle.

I suppose it could have been very difficult for them to reverse from the tracks onto the paved section with that steep a grade. But why the heck would they keep on going, damaging their car even more. I'd stop and call a tow truck.

My parents bought the house I was born in, just south of Eglinton at McRoberts (where the TBM is) for $40,000. I wonder what the value is today, and what it will be in 2020 when the Crosstown is operating.

The house values in this area are already going up because of the Crosstown.

The houses around York used to be dirt cheap but are valuable real estate now. These days to own a house anywhere in Toronto is becoming a privilege even among those who can afford to buy real estate. Most people now see condos as an acceptable housing option, but there's still cachet to ordinary houses that's driving their value. You can build seemingly infinite numbers of condo units, but we're not going to see that many more houses built in the city.

Nice. Those wall lining inserts or whatever they're called just look so clean.

BTW, is there anything happen on the east side of town? I just noticed that a segment just east of Bayview on Eglinton has been blocked off. This is the spot where they were doing the environmental assessment analysis a couple of years ago for the Eglinton Crosstown. Could just be water or sewer or something, but I'm just wondering.

I'm wondering if anything's happening with a development happening on the SE corner of Black Creek and Eglinton Avenue West, where a No Frills now is (and where the Weston station of the killed-off Eglinton subway was going to be). I remember seeing a Metrolinx presentation that mentioned they'd been in touch with Loblaw about redeveloping the site once the ball really got rolling with the development of Weston station. I remember seeing a concept drawing of some mid-rise condos/office buildings at that corner. Was I dreaming, or is that possibility actually still being kicked around?

I'm wondering if anything's happening with a development happening on the SE corner of Black Creek and Eglinton Avenue West, where a No Frills now is (and where the Weston station of the killed-off Eglinton subway was going to be). I remember seeing a Metrolinx presentation that mentioned they'd been in touch with Loblaw about redeveloping the site once the ball really got rolling with the development of Weston station. I remember seeing a concept drawing of some mid-rise condos/office buildings at that corner. Was I dreaming, or is that possibility actually still being kicked around?

If you saw a concept drawings of midrise then that might have been from the Eglinton Connects study.

Why Toronto keeps buying new tunnel-boring machines and selling them for pennies on the dollar
http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...e-ground-after-eglinton-lrt-line-is-finished/

Before the tracks were laid on Eglinton Avenue West and Gilbert (west of Caledonia):

s0071_it3332.jpg

Tracks being laid:
s0071_it3498.jpg

Thanks, Mr. Peabody!

Back