News   Jul 11, 2024
 94     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 504     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 2K     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I can't find any up to date info on it. Do we know whether the Scarborough RT, once upgraded to LRT, will become a seamless part of the Eglinton line, or will people have to physically transfer from the Eglinton line to the Scarborough line?

From the Addendum:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

A 34 Eglinton bus service (every 12 minutes) paralleling the LRT? Is this to avoid having to duplicate the elevators, in case one goes out-of-service? What about the 2 Bloor-Danforth, when are they going to have a parallel bus service along that route?

BTW. Is there an app that shows what elevators and escalators are out-of-service in real time, as opposed to scheduled time?

A 34 Eglinton bus service (every 12 minutes) paralleling the LRT? Is this to avoid having to duplicate the elevators, in case one goes out-of-service?
It says peak service of 15 minutes. That is similar to the Sheppard bus between Yonge and Don Mills.

Interesting that the 34 Eglinton bus will bypass Don Mills-Eglinton Station and will continue on to Kennedy Station, so we'll have an Eglinton bus running right beside surface LRT. I wonder if anyone will make an issue of that.

What about the 2 Bloor-Danforth, when are they going to have a parallel bus service along that route?
My guess is when a miracle happens and a second person asks for it.

A 34 Eglinton bus service (every 12 minutes) paralleling the LRT? Is this to avoid having to duplicate the elevators, in case one goes out-of-service?

This is shown to run from Mount Dennis to Kennedy! The Scarborough portion of Eglinton it in the median (no elevators) and has stop spacing about 400m and this requires a parallel bus service!! Somebody is not thinking clearly here.

Ramako: SRT replacement will operate as a separate line, as far as the latest info goes.
AoD

On the West end, has it been described how the ECLRT will go under the 427 ramps. Is there enough room to have LRT plus 2 traffic lanes in each direction - it looks awfully tight when looking at Google Streetview?

I know this is phase 2 - not even in the next wave of Metrolinx projects, but I was wondering as I drove through the area recently.

This is shown to run from Mount Dennis to Kennedy! The Scarborough portion of Eglinton it in the median (no elevators) and has stop spacing about 400m and this requires a parallel bus service!! Somebody is not thinking clearly here.

The document is a draft addendum. I can see that section changing. You better send feedbacks at Metrolinx with your comments. See http://www.metrolinx.com/en/contactus/ as a start.

Last edited:
This is for sizing Mount Dennis. If you change it to Don Mills or Yonge, nothing changes. It could easily run all the way to Kennedy overnight.

Back