Hamilton Confederation GO Station | ?m | 1s | Metrolinx

IIRC the business case for the Niagara GO expansion had identified all-day service to Confederation.

30-minute service has only ever been rumoured for WH, with no formal documentation from Metrolinx. If it does happen, they may extend it to Confederation, but we'll see.
West Harbour is rumoured to have 30 minute service sooner than later, but I believe even Metrolinx docs show 30 minute service at least during peak.
1000007660.jpg

During peak, yes. But 30-minute peak service is only 4 rush hour trains, the same level of service that Hamilton GO centre enjoys right now.

The latest update on Niagara Services is here:

It lists 3 options.

1. 4 peak-period trains
2. hourly service and 4 peak-period trains
3. 30 minute service all day to St Catharines

My understanding is that Metrolinx ruled out 3. as cost prohibitive and is instead pursuiing 1. or 2.

Given the minimal infrastructure investment for Confederation and the wording on the website, I wouldn't be surprised if it's literally 4 trains a day in peak periods.

West Harbour is rumoured to have 30 minute service sooner than later, but I believe even Metrolinx docs show 30 minute service at least during peak.
View attachment 572070
This is taken from the full business case prepared by Metrolinx to secure Ministerial approval to proceed and guide the RFP. It is not necessarily the service plan that ONxpress will use.

Back