Hamilton Confederation GO Station | ?m | 1s | Metrolinx

From today:

1723000695150.jpeg

1723000716518.jpeg

1723000740551.jpeg

1723000760347.jpeg

1723000782340.jpeg

1723000805926.jpeg

I know that this station is sited in a large commercial retail section adjacent to the QEW and the Red Hill Expressway and that Centennial itself is an extension of former HWY 20 with connections above the escarpment. I gather that most of the station users are going to be auto based in some form (parking or drop off). My question is in regard to whether there are any known longer term redevelopment plans of adjacent lands to bring forward residential areas further down Centennial from Barton towards or adjacent to the station.

I know that this station is sited in a large commercial retail section adjacent to the QEW and the Red Hill Expressway and that Centennial itself is an extension of former HWY 20 with connections above the escarpment. I gather that most of the station users are going to be auto based in some form (parking or drop off). My question is in regard to whether there are any known longer term redevelopment plans of adjacent lands to bring forward residential areas further down Centennial from Barton towards or adjacent to the station.
Take a look at the map, that gives you a good idea.

Take a look at the map, that gives you a good idea.
Thanks for the tip, I should have been little more on the ball myself. But as expected, redevelopment proposals are currently centered through Barton/Queenston section, with the proposed Eastgate Mall being a key cog in the process. It appears that the lands adjacent to the station and extending towards Barton will remain a commercial/retail node.

It's still an awkward place for a go station though as you have to travel quite a ways just to get to barton along a very busy street, and how much busier and more congested is it going to get once all that parking is active?

The other thing to watch will be smaller projects and renovations as these get going sooner and can indicate change to come. People here are very aware of this project!

It's still an awkward place for a go station though as you have to travel quite a ways just to get to barton along a very busy street, and how much busier and more congested is it going to get once all that parking is active?
Most GO stations on the line are pretty far from residential.

I guess fair, though I didn't wouldn't say that Burlington is surrounded by it. There are subdivisions south of it and a couple of condo towers to the west. North, east, and most of west are not residential.

I was thinking of the Brontes and Oakvilles of the world. I will amend my comment to say that most GO stations are not in primarily residential areas. My overall point is that residential won't necessarily be there.

Last edited:

Back