Hamilton Confederation GO Station | ?m | 1s | Metrolinx

Would an express bus from here to Hamilton Airport make sense? Use Redhill Expressway?

Er...not sure this has been asked before, but I noticed this station is not on the same rail line as Hamilton GO Centre. Is there some sort of switch back or Nordic style underground track that connects to or something? 🙀

Er...not sure this has been asked before, but I noticed this station is not on the same rail line as Hamilton GO Centre. Is there some sort of switch back or Nordic style underground track that connects to or something? 🙀
The station Platforms are on the same side as West Harbour, the south side. At some point in time, the 3rd track that still has to be built will continue east from West Harbour to Confederation Station where one of the 2 tracks will service it. There is a 3rd track in place east of Confederation to service the Lewis yard.

Long range depending on CN needs, a 4th track can be built to Confederation if needed and then 3 or 4 tracks to NF. Those extra tracks will depend on ridership and quality of service.

When Confederation goes into service, a switch will be cut into CN mainline to get to/from the station like it is to happen at West Harbour..

I expect the future stations platforms east of Confederation will be south side of CN mainline. As for the station itself, it can be on either side with a tunnel to the platform that will be a centre one with tracks or provision to have tracks on both sides of it.

Glass installed at Station building (June 8, 2024)
IMG_2501.JPG

V excited about completion of this GO station, mainly because it means more service to West Harbour, but also because until LRT is complete I'm betting we'll see at least some usage to West Harbour from this station when events and things are downtown. Should only take 15-20 minutes from here to WH, so you could park here, take the train and walk to a Disney on Ice or Art Crawl. Will be pretty convenient.

V excited about completion of this GO station, mainly because it means more service to West Harbour, but also because until LRT is complete I'm betting we'll see at least some usage to West Harbour from this station when events and things are downtown. Should only take 15-20 minutes from here to WH, so you could park here, take the train and walk to a Disney on Ice or Art Crawl. Will be pretty convenient.
I mean if the trains are more than hourly, maybe. The distance is too short otherwise for it to be worth it without 30 minute frequencies, at a minimum.

I mean if the trains are more than hourly, maybe. The distance is too short otherwise for it to be worth it without 30 minute frequencies, at a minimum.
I mean if you time your trip right it could work fine. I could imagine people in Stoney Creek using this to get downtown very quickly before the LRT is built. It doesn't make sense to park your car and take it, but if you don't have a car and rely on bus only, heck ya this would be worth it. And isn't 30 minute service coming this year?

Back